x

How do u manually input canadian zip code ?

How do u manually input canadian zip code ?

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

You just need to toggle your phone or tablet's keyboard to the alphabet keyboard from the numeric keyboard. To switch between the number keypad and keyboard on an Android device, tap the keyboard icon to the right of ZIP.  On an iOS devices it's just as simple, tap ABC at the lower left of the screen

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

I read you can run an international card with 00000 or 0000, but I can not get a card to be accepted. The Postal code is two letters, then 4 numbers like XE3456 but the terminal will only accept 5 digits. Any help?

Message 2 of 10
Square Community Moderator

@DaveL Check out the information in this thread. 

You’ll need to enter the 6-digit alphanumeric billing postal code associated with the card.

So long as you entered the right card information, you should be able to toggle over from the zip code section. 

Message 3 of 10

Thank you so much.  It worked!

Message 4 of 10
Square

Best Answer

You just need to toggle your phone or tablet's keyboard to the alphabet keyboard from the numeric keyboard. To switch between the number keypad and keyboard on an Android device, tap the keyboard icon to the right of ZIP.  On an iOS devices it's just as simple, tap ABC at the lower left of the screen

Message 5 of 10

If i am selling something in us dollars and take a candian card do I need to do the dollar conversion before putting the number in or does squared adjust it? thanks

Message 6 of 10
Square Champion

You would just charge your normal price. The customers card company will handle the conversion. 

Message 7 of 10

How does that work if square only allows 5 digits (as in zip code) and the Canadian code is 6 digits?

Message 8 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hello @TrailRider 👋

If the card needs to be entered manually then we would suggest sending the seller a Square Invoice that will allow to enter more than 5 digits for the zip code.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 10

I founded when I toggled to letters that Square let me enter the 6 digit Canadian code.  Thanks for your time.

Message 10 of 10