x

Website, delivery address and pickup issue

Hi, I have created the website for my cafe, www.cafelovi.com, but I'm struggling with the delivery/pickup banner. Most of my clients just want to read the menu - ordering for takeout or delivery is pretty irrelevant to most of them. Yet, I'd like to give the option. The banner for pickup and delivery is super annoying and gets entirely in the way of the menu - especially from mobile, people actually get stuck. 

So far I was only able to get rid of the annoying banner by switching off delivery, but there must be a better solution. Like, if the client starts an online order, ask him/her to select location for pickup or provide address for delivery after he has started the order. 

Am I missing out a solution that exists or this is just bad UX design? 

Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @cafelovi,

Thanks for getting in touch 👋

I've just taken a look at your site, and it looks like there's only a pick up option, now. The pop up delivery/ pick up banner would automatically pop up so customers would be shown the available options- for example, in case you only offered certain items for pick up. Without selecting how they'd like to receive the order, they may be shown options that aren't actually available to them.

I hope this sheds a bit more light on the pick up / delivery pop up. Let us know if you have any other questions, or suggestions for us! 

Message 2 of 2