x

Custom report question?

I get bulk deposits every day. I need a report that can break down a bank deposit with the following:

1. Date of the deposit

2. Net amount of the deposit (collection - fee)

3. and the name of each customer, and the amount each customer paid.

For example, I get one deposit of $8,675.30. I'd like a report that could tell me that this amount was from three customers. Customer Bob Jones paid $3,000, Customer Tom Smith paid $3,500, and Juan Fulano paid $2,500. the difference was the square fees.

I can't be the only person who wants this information broken down this way. 

Any help?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

I would just go into my transactions tab in the online dashboard and export to csv.  I use excel and can sort smallest to largest by net total and it will show the cash amount of fees right there for you.  You can do it by day also knowing there would be a lag between the deposit posting to your bank and the transaction days.  This report has the customer name and everything, you might want to set up a macro to filter out the info you don't want.  The data is there, but for me I wouldn't use a specific report like that since I do hundreds of transactions a day, I just look at the gross end of day report in email that gives me the fee total and "effective %" that square charges me.

Hope this helps,

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Champion
Breaker of Things

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2