x

Generate QR codes for different variants/options

I am selling prints of my art. Each subject has 3 different size prints. I need to generate qr codes to reflect the different prices. Can this be done, and does it need to be done by variants, options? Many thanks.

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

@scotthartneyart ;

You would need to have a Square Website, and then for each Variation you would need to put a QR code on that physical Item.  You may also need a Tag that says Scan QR code to pay for the item.  Now here is a link that Square wrote for setting this all up:

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6692-get-started-with-square-checkout-links 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Champion

It would have to be done for each variant that needs to be scan or sold online.  This way Square knows which one is sold and you can track which ones are sold and sell the most.   How are you planning on using the QR codes is my Question for you.  Online in person etc.  What all are you trying to track with the QR code.... or are you planning on having a QR code take the person to your website?

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 2 of 11

Shop owners have allowed me to sell from their place. I am trying to make it as least invasive as possible for shop and customer by putting qr codes on each print that customer can scan and pay for in shop. All they have to do is show the receipt, on phone to shopkeeper. So, remote sales. For instance, I have sketches of 3 different castles. Each comes in 3 sizes and 3 different prices. Customer just has to scan qr code on sleeve, pay via square, show to cashier and done. I also sell on my website, www.scotthartneyart.com/prints but that is sorted. Thanks for the assist.

Message 3 of 11
Square Champion

Best Answer

@scotthartneyart ;

You would need to have a Square Website, and then for each Variation you would need to put a QR code on that physical Item.  You may also need a Tag that says Scan QR code to pay for the item.  Now here is a link that Square wrote for setting this all up:

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6692-get-started-with-square-checkout-links 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 4 of 11

Think we got it sorted, thanks! Do you know if I can create different qr codes for different locations? I have same items is multiple locations and stock tracked. Id like to have a code that is location specific for each item so I can track where inventory is being sold from. Example I have same merch in a cake shop and a coffee shop. Thanks again!

Message 5 of 11

I am in item library and have location sorted to just one. Try to generate a code for that one location and it gives me an error, and to try code again.

Screenshot 2023-09-14 183551.jpg

Message 6 of 11
Square Champion

In your Screen Image I do not see a SKU or GTIN.... Do you have one of those for the Item you are trying to generate a QR link for?

No GTIN or SKU.png

You can not have the QR code go to the Category It would have to go to the Variation of A3, A4 or A5.    In my picture I have 15 inch Tapers, But Aqua, Blue Blush etc all have a SKU  that I can Scan which then Square will know Which item the customer is buying.  I think you are confusing Square by scanning the QR for the main item of Clifden Castle but not to Clifden Castle A4.  See if that helps

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 7 of 11
Square Champion

Question.... Do you have your website with Square?

I do not, and I was able to create a QR code for an instant Payment, but when I try to create a Link to my item I get an error.  When I copy the link I get an error page not found or something.

Check these setting in your item.png

When I Pressed Copy  to the right of Checkout Link it took me to the picture below...

You could copy that link for your item and use a Free QR generator to create a QR code pointed to website link you copy.

Followed the link.png

Another free way to get QR codes if you can get these links is with Google Sheets.

List your websites down a column    Copy that row to the next row, and then choose QR for the font for that row.

If I choose to create a QR code I get the below image but it does not work from my Computer monitor... gives me some 8 digit Code.

My suggestion is to copy the Checkout Link and paste that into Google Sheets or use a Free QR generator.  Or print out the PNG file that you can download and try that.  I have a Label printer where I can copy that web address to and have it print out the QR codes.  You could do that too if you know how.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 8 of 11

Screenshot 2023-09-15 010411.jpg

Message 9 of 11

think I am configuring this all wrong. Right now I have the item, which is the subject, ie clifden castle, athenry castle, and the variants are the sizes. The qr is generating on the item, not the variants. So when the code is scanned, it goes to the item page, frosted mug, then a drop down with the variants and prices. two locations have three items, one only has two. but it shows all three items at that location. its wrecking my head lol.

Screenshot 2023-09-15 005703.jpg 

Message 10 of 11
Square Champion

@scotthartneyart ;

I know what you mean it was confusing me too.  When I tried to create the QR code for an item with Variants, I got the error.  When I created it for the Single item the 1 Jar candle the link worked.  Sometimes it better to walk a way, get a pint, then look at it again in 5 minutes.  I realized there are different things a QR code can be made for in an item which also adds to the confusion.  You can make a QR code for instant instore payments so touchless.  Then you can make QR codes for Purchases like you want to do.  

1) Go to your Items Catalog on a Computer.

2) Go to your Item Clifden Castle  - NOT any of the variations

3) Scroll to the bottom of Clifton Castle.

4) Then Slide the Slider to turn it Blue 

5) Then you should get a button to copy the Link...

6) Select the COPY... why I Don't know.... But you get a Pop up to create a QR code there.

See images below:

Bottom of Item.pngCheckout link.pngpopup.png

And see in the Pop up there is a CREATE QR   ... not just copy   which is misleading too.

Hopefully this gets you what you need  🙂

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 11 of 11