x

How to remove Cash App QR code from customer display on Square register?

I've looked in all the settings on my dashboard as well as the settings in the register and don't see a way to toggle it off or remove it. It confuses everyone who sees it.

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello @CascadeBison!

If you aren't seeing the option under checkout then you might not be logged into the standard point of sale application the register. You will need to be under that one in order to disable the payment setting. You need to log out completely and sign back in. To sign out you will go to More > Scroll to the bottom > Sign out. Once you sign back in select the Square Point of sale. Once signed back in go to More > Settings > Checkout > Payment. 

I hope that helps! 

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Square Champion

Hello @m_i_k_e , check out this area in your dashboard...

Dashboard > Settings > Checkout. Scroll down and toggle off option to accept cash app. This should remove it from your register. If it doesn't work, do to your Square Register and look in your settings, and see if there is a Payment option (to toggle off the Cash App).

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Handmade Heirloom Ornaments & Charms
Check our links for retail Etsy orders and Wholesale Ordering Info
Message 2 of 16

When I go to Dashboard > Settings, there is no option for "Checkout". When I go into register settings, there is no option for "Payment". All the hardware and software I have is new, as of Feb 2023. Has the UI recently changed? I need to get rid of this cash app thing or get rid of Square. It's a horrible look. Half of my customer facing screen in the store is an ad that I didn't ask for, approve of, or benefit from. 

Message 3 of 16

Mine does not have an option for "checkout" either.  I don't want the QR code on - it is confusing to my customers.  

Message 4 of 16

Hi there, @m_i_k_e and @CascadeBison - Sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with this 😞 Thank you @HC_Charlie for jumping in to help.

The setting to edit your payment types will look like this and should be found under More across the bottom > Settings > Checkout > Payment Types.

I'm not sure why both of you are unable to find this.. unless you're possibly on a different version of some kind? 🤔

I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 16

When I go to More > Settings, the only options I have on the left are Hardware and Account. I do not have an option for Checkout. Why?

When I go to Hardware, there is an option for Customer Display, but the only thing I can do there is adjust brightness.

Message 6 of 16
Square Champion

Hi @m_i_k_e I'm not at my store today, but when I get in tomorrow I'll look at my Register and see where the setting may be located...sorry you're having an issue with this. I agree that the Cash App is very distracting, and I previously removed it from my customer facing screen.

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Message 7 of 16
Square Champion

@_Violet @m_i_k_e  Here is what I'm seeing on my Register Screen, fyi. If I scroll down the right side I have the option to enable Afterpay (or toggle off)

IMG_8417.JPG

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Message 8 of 16

Sorry, @m_i_k_e I truly don't know what is preventing you from seeing this 😔  unless for some reason you're not logged in as the Account Owner on your Register. Sometimes Permission restrictions can prevent users from seeing certain settings.

I reached out to the Square Register Product Team earlier today to see if they could provide any insight but I haven't received a response yet. Are you able to contact our Support Team when you have the chance? They would be able to impersonate your Register to see what you're seeing. You also have access to 24/7 Phone Support since you own a Square Register 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 16

My display does not give me any of these options either.  

Message 10 of 16

Best Answer

Hello @CascadeBison!

If you aren't seeing the option under checkout then you might not be logged into the standard point of sale application the register. You will need to be under that one in order to disable the payment setting. You need to log out completely and sign back in. To sign out you will go to More > Scroll to the bottom > Sign out. Once you sign back in select the Square Point of sale. Once signed back in go to More > Settings > Checkout > Payment. 

I hope that helps! 

Message 11 of 16

This did the trick. Thank you!

Message 12 of 16

@HC_Charlie on the screenshot you provided, when you scroll down are you not seeing any more options? 

Message 13 of 16
Square Champion

@MayaPyes, when i scroll down I can see that Afterpay is the an option, but I have turned it off already. I am using the standard POS (not Square for Retail) so maybe that is the difference in some users not seeing the option? Sounds like your response indicates this ?

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Message 14 of 16

Correct, if you want to disable cash app payment and currently are not seeing it in your settings in the app. It could be because you are not logged into the Standard Point of Sale app and you will need to be @HC_Charlie

Message 15 of 16

Awesome, so glad to hear that. Thanks for letting us know @m_i_k_e !

Message 16 of 16