x

Location or store name

My payment link has wrong location at the top of the payment enter screen. the right location is set on the item but the OTHER location in the account shows up there. How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Glenpc, welcome to the Seller Community! 👋

I just want to confirm you're referring to payment links sent via your Square Point of Sale app and not Square Online Checkout Links.

I'll keep a lookout for your reply here!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I'm sorry but I'm not sure of the difference? I made a link to send in email for someone to pay me but when they click the link to pay me they need to fill out the form that comes up with their credit card info. That screen has the wrong LOCATION at the top even though when I created the link I had the correct LOCATION set.

Message 3 of 6

No worries, @Glenpc!

I've taken a screenshot of what the payment page looks like for one of my Square Online Checkout Links below.

It sounds like the information you're referring to is the Square Account name at the top of the link. In my case, it says 'Kiki's Bakery and Delivery Service'.

If this information is incorrect, you can update your business name from the About My Business page on your online Square Dashboard. 

If this isn't what you're referring to, can you please include a screenshot in your reply so I have a clearer understanding? 

Laurie
Message 4 of 6

Yes. I think now you hit the nail on the head. That was the account name showing up there. The thing is, in my square account I am also selling collectibles, as well as taking payments for my services as a graphic designer. Is there any way to keep the names separate? When an item is sold, I don't want the business name at the top I would like the location that mentions collectibles. When payment is collected for design services I would like to design name at the top. Is there any way to do that?

Message 5 of 6

Good to know we're both on the same page here, @Glenpc!

At this time, when you create a Square Online Checkout Link, it will display your business name for the Square account at the top of the link. This is consistent whether you have created a link for an item or service tied to a specific location.

If you are only wanting the relevant details shown on the link for the customer experience, one option could be updating your Branding information before sending the link. While you can't currently have two separate business names active at the same time for checkout links, you can update the information on your Branding page. This isn't really a long-term fix and it would require you to change the information continuously, adding a manual aspect to creating and sending links.

Another long-term solution would be to operate out of two separate Square accounts - one for collectibles and one for graphic design services.

Outside of these suggestions and the options available to you on the Branding page, there isn't a way to further customise checkout links at this time. Have a look at the Branding suggestion for now and let me know if you have any other questions about these recommendations.

Laurie
Message 6 of 6