x

How to make tablets print tickets through the POS.

I am trying to get servers in a restaurant to use tablets. 

When a ticket is saved on the POS it automatically prints.

When it is placed on the tablet, it saves to the POS, but does not print.

How can I make a tablet ticket print automatically when it is saved?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

@Mintu You need to go into your tablet settings and hardware and set up a printer station to print order tickets automatically from the point of sale.  Depending on your printer set up, you would need a network connected printer and the printer should be on the same wifi network as the tablet.

Some questions to get you a better answer:  What type of printer do you have?  Are your tablets on wifi?  Are you usuing square kds?

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Champion
Breaker of Things

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 4

So, my POS has a USB printer.

When I create a ticket on my POS it prints the ticket.

When I create a ticket on the tablet, the ticket shows up on the POS but does not print.

I can go to the POS after the ticket is made and click print duplicate, but I want to enter the order from the tablet and have it print as if it was placed from the POS.

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

@Mintu OK now I understand.  The USB printer on the POS is considered a "local" printer.  It is not seen by your network.  When you save the ticket on the tablet, it is available to the point of sale, but not the printer directly and as such, will not print automatically.  This is one of the limitations of a USB printer.  There are devices to act as a print server or share a usb printer over the network.  I really recommend connecting the printer to the network then both devices can use it.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Champion
Breaker of Things

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 4