x

How to schedule shipments?

Hi I sell custom cookies and want to allow shipping to be available. However, I require my clients to place orders at least 2-3 weeks in advance as I need time to bake, ice, and ship the cookies and fit that into my normal work schedule. Is there a feature or way that customers can order online for shipping and choose a designated delivery date they’d like it by? And to make it mandatory that they place this order at least 2-3 weeks prior for shipping too? I know this is possible for pick-up and local delivery but I don’t see it for shipping. Or should I just add it as a mandatory field and ship/notify whenever I make them. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

Hi Iceingcookieco,

My thoughts are why make things complicated - think about ordering furniture online.  Last year we ordered new furniture online - placed the order online in March - received the order in June - paid "full price" online when the order was placed.  The retailer had a clear policy and it was understood that by placing an order, you agreed to their policy.  The retailer also kept us in the loop with update emails as to the status of the order and expected shipping date.   It's just a different way to look at how things are done.  Just my thoughts of course.   Perhaps some other Community member has some suggestions.

Message 2 of 2