x

Custumer not able to pay using his CC

Hey Fellas!

So far I've had two separate customers with the same issue.  One is a repeat customer and they're not able to finalize the order. I get the following error message. 

"Your card couldn't be charged: The payment amount is either too hight or too low. Try using a different card"

$1853.56 is the amount 

I assume it's something with their bank account and not my settings.  Any suggestions besides using a different card?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Hi Zledslights,

From our experience declines come from the bank or the card issuer.  The error message stating that the "payment amount is either too high or too low", seems a bit unusual.  Normally the messages one gets are similar to these:

If a card is declined in the Square app, you’ll see one of the following errors:

• “Declined. Card has expired. Please use a different card.”

• “Declined. Please use a different card.”

• “Declined. Please have cardholder call issuer before retrying transaction.”

• “Declined. Please verify the card number, expiration date, CVV and ZIP code.”

Was this an online or in person transaction?   If in person payments can fail if the connection is not strong enough.

Message 2 of 3

They're online transactions.  Yes, I agree, the message seems a little weird.  I use ecwid for the store but I cant find that message anywhere either.  Here's a screenshot. 

err.jpg

Message 3 of 3