x

GST not showing on checkout

I have set the Sales Tax, to be included in the price or to be added in item price.

Neither shows any difference.

Is there any way to show the tax amount in the checkout?

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Got you @AngelasBakery,

At the moment displaying the GST component within Square Online is a feature request we're tracking.

The workaround for now is to send your customers a receipt/tax invoice from Square Dashboard or the POS app upon request, which will highlight GST and any other taxes. I understand this is not the most ideal solution - this is something we're gathering feedback on and I'm hoping we're able to improve the experience here in the future!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Hey @AngelasBakery,

Thanks for reaching out!

Could I confirm whether you're referring to show tax amounts within Square's Point of Sale app, Square for Restaurants or a Square Online website?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 12

Hi @Seamus this is on Square Online website.

Message 3 of 12
Admin

Best Answer

Got you @AngelasBakery,

At the moment displaying the GST component within Square Online is a feature request we're tracking.

The workaround for now is to send your customers a receipt/tax invoice from Square Dashboard or the POS app upon request, which will highlight GST and any other taxes. I understand this is not the most ideal solution - this is something we're gathering feedback on and I'm hoping we're able to improve the experience here in the future!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 12

This is not an issue for "gathering feedback" on.

This is a legal requirement.

Without which, Square is knowingly putting their user community in danger.

Build the thing.

Then you have something to get feedback on.

GST is the first thing to build in your Australia version.

Message 5 of 12

Any ETA to be done? this is very important.

Message 6 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @rvozbr thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community!

As Sheamus has mentioned above, we continue to track this feature request but do not have any further updates to share at this time. As soon as we do, we'll be sure to tag everyone in this thread.

At the moment, you are able to provide online store customers with a tax invoice upon request from the Transactions section of Square Dashboard, as per ATO requirements.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 7 of 12

Is there amny update on this topic? We had this now enabled and applied it to the item but on the checkout in the payment link it is still not shoping any sales tax

Message 8 of 12

Thanks for checking in on this feature request! Unfortunately, I don't have an update on this feature request at the moment but we're continuing to track this feedback @baa-au. I understand how important this is to you, and will continue to highlight this with our team. 

Message 9 of 12

Hello, asking the same question 4 years on. How come that, not only the tax is not showing on online sales, it is actually showing "$0" tax... which is incorrect and misleading. Thank you

Message 10 of 12

Hey @Enmina,

Thank you for reaching out. We understand your concern about the tax display on online sales. We want to let you know that this feature is still being worked on. Your feedback is valuable to us as we continue to improve our services.

I appreciate your understanding and patience.

MayaP
Community Moderator, Square

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

Message 11 of 12

This is a real legal issue for Australian Businesses and I can't believe that square has not correctly this within the last 4 years. 

Message 12 of 12