x

Developer Dashboard - Credentials Activate your account

Hi. I am trying to get my credentials working but when going to production credentials it says

You must activate your Square account for payments by visiting squareup.com/activate before you can process card payments in production.

I have checked my account and eveything looks ok? Dont know what i am missing here?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @FierceDance 👋,

Welcome to the Seller Community, and thank you for reaching out with your question!

It sounds like while you’ve successfully signed up for a Square account, your card processing may not yet be approved. Activation timeframes can vary based on your business type. For Individual/Sole Trader accounts, activation happens immediately. However, if you’ve signed up under a different business type, such as a Trust or association, manual activation is required and can take up to 20 days from the date you signed up. 

For an overview of activation timeframes by business type, please visit this page. In the meantime, please keep an eye out on your emails or the Notification Centre from your online Square Dashboard to check for any outstanding action items to progress your application.

In the event that you have signed up as an Individual/Sole Trader, please let me know, and I’ll be happy to investigate further for you. 🙂

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @FierceDance 👋,

Welcome to the Seller Community, and thank you for reaching out with your question!

It sounds like while you’ve successfully signed up for a Square account, your card processing may not yet be approved. Activation timeframes can vary based on your business type. For Individual/Sole Trader accounts, activation happens immediately. However, if you’ve signed up under a different business type, such as a Trust or association, manual activation is required and can take up to 20 days from the date you signed up. 

For an overview of activation timeframes by business type, please visit this page. In the meantime, please keep an eye out on your emails or the Notification Centre from your online Square Dashboard to check for any outstanding action items to progress your application.

In the event that you have signed up as an Individual/Sole Trader, please let me know, and I’ll be happy to investigate further for you. 🙂

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2