x

Has anyone received a loan offer in 2023?

I'm at 71% and usually see a offer by now (between 65%-70&).

Message 1 of 1,981
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Has anyone received a loan offer in 2023?

I'm where you are at (minus the actual loan offer part.) Sale are up about 60% over a year ago and processing is up about 65%.  All the other things are in the green.

I think most people's frustrations are that it's just not transparent and there isn't a clear goal to strive for. It is also disheartening to just be told the same quotes over and over. It comes across as uncaring and impersonal. Which if that's the case is fine, that should be conveyed to clear up misconceptions and so people don't get their hopes up. It would also come across as more professional to state those things (economy and such) from Square itself. It would let people know where they stand and can make appropriate decisions. 

3 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi all 👋 @Blackbear579 @DD_2019 @Me2018_ @Swain - I just wanted to drop in to provide some context on Square Loan offers:

Square accounts—including accounts with an active loan—are reviewed for eligibility regularly. You don’t need to contact us or provide any additional information to become eligible for another loan offer. You can check your Square Dashboard (at any time for more information about your current eligibility status.

Offers are not guaranteed and we are unable to predict when your business may receive another offer. Loan offer details, as well as the timing of eligibility, may differ from your current Square loan. You can find additional details here in the Square Loan Eligibility FAQ support article.

If you have any additional questions about Square Loans, you'll need to get in touch with the Square Financial Services Team by logging into your Square account and heading here. The Financial Services Team's business hours are Monday - Friday, 10 AM to 7 PM CST.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 96 of 1,981

Best Answer

Hello, @Fca

It's understandable that you're curious about the timeline for a new loan offer after being denied, especially given your previous experience. Every case and account is different, on this platform we do not have greater visibility regarding your account and loan qualifications. 

For Square Loan related questions and Loan availability or eligibility you will want to reach out to the Square Banking team. They are available at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. Our designated team will be more than happy to help you further. 

In addition, we went ahead and merged your post to this existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussion their Square Loans. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 1500 of 1,981

Best Answer

Hello, @bsa77

We understand that not being guaranteed a loan offer can be frustrating. 

If your business isn’t eligible for another loan at this time, rest assured your account is automatically reviewed regularly to determine eligibility.

We recently added a eligibility page that you can navigate to by going to the Loans tab on your Square Dashboard to gain more insight into the status of your Square Loans eligibility. We analyze your business’s data for key factors that determine eligibility, such as processing volume, payment frequency, and account activity. Please note that there are many factors that may affect your eligibility, and accounts are evaluated as a whole.

If you’re eligible for another loan, we’ll notify you through email and in your Square Dashboard.

I hope this information is helpful, but please do let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Kacey
Square Loans Team

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.

View Best Answer >

Message 1621 of 1,981
1,980 REPLIES 1,980

Thank you!! Same to you! 🙏🏽

Message 1177 of 1,981

Oh and yes, my bank account was linked as well! 

Message 1178 of 1,981

Was this an account besides the square checking account ? 

Message 1179 of 1,981

Yes, it is another bank not through square

Message 1180 of 1,981

Received a loan today paid off loan yesterday linked account and today got the offer . 

Message 1181 of 1,981

This is some good news! We're currently at 75% and rising. Fingers crossed!

Message 1182 of 1,981
Beta Member

I am on my 5th square loan, my first was at 41, then 45, 100, 175 and this one 188… I am at 73% paid in 7 months I don’t know if that is a good or bad thing, I sometimes feel paying this back so fast (in half the time) is good for Buisness.  After the first 3-4 months of being funded I feel the almost 800 dls a day avg I am paying back is actually making me get behind on regular payments.  I do not know if I get a new offer I will take it.     I am on the fence.  Does anyone else feel this way?

Message 1183 of 1,981

I’m based in the UK - hopefully ours will come through today - just checked and all my others have always been a Friday. Maybe it’s my lucky day??! 

Message 1184 of 1,981

82% no offer.  

Message 1185 of 1,981
Beta Member

In the past where had the offers come in?

Message 1186 of 1,981

Started out like at 90% then dropping each time while offers would increase.  Last one was around 80% I believe.  

Message 1187 of 1,981
Beta Member

Same 82% and no offer 

Message 1188 of 1,981

has anyone ever had offers over a weekend? I'm assuming not, but just interested!

Message 1189 of 1,981

I’ve had offers on Saturday and Sunday. I’ve been with square since 2014 and had at least two a year maybe more. But sitting at 87% with nothing . Asking for me to connect bank account but I haven’t . 

Message 1190 of 1,981

I don't feel the need or the reasoning to connect my bank.  Had multiple loans with square and all paid off early due to my sales.  I believe those sellers should gain a strong relationship and continue to receive offers earlier and for more money based on sales and past loans.  I will not connect a bank.  It's simple.  They already know your sales and take a daily payment. No need to connect a bank. IMO

Message 1191 of 1,981

Me either. I think if we have been loyal to square and paid these loans it should stay like it was in the beginning. I just got reviewed like everyday it says at 3:43 and still no offer.  

Message 1192 of 1,981
Beta Member

So did you end up getting one?

Message 1193 of 1,981

I never connected my bank, and most likely won't due to the security factor. I still received an offer about a month ago 

Message 1194 of 1,981
Square Champion

Why would you not connect your bank account?  the money you take in has to get to you.  I've had my account with Square since Cinco de Mayo 2011 and have done over $10 million with them and they haven't taken a penny that wasn't theirs, this isn't a guy in a dark alley swapping food stamps for cash it is a worldwide processing disruptor.

Message 1195 of 1,981

There are a TON of security breaches with larger companies all the time.  So it is a risk.  Additionally there was a whole lot of "permissions" of information they asked for.  I also believe i read somewhere you cannot just "cancel" it without doing some letter in writing, etc.  So for some it may not be worth it.  

Message 1196 of 1,981
Beta Member

Before I came to square many years ago I was using a diff processor that I had my accounts linked to and they were all three hacked including the farm account. It took me well over a year to get everything straightened out. I had to set up all new accounts. It was a mess. I refuse to give square my log in credentials to my bank account. 

Message 1197 of 1,981