x

Has anyone received a loan offer in 2023?

I'm at 71% and usually see a offer by now (between 65%-70&).

Message 1 of 1,981
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Has anyone received a loan offer in 2023?

I'm where you are at (minus the actual loan offer part.) Sale are up about 60% over a year ago and processing is up about 65%.  All the other things are in the green.

I think most people's frustrations are that it's just not transparent and there isn't a clear goal to strive for. It is also disheartening to just be told the same quotes over and over. It comes across as uncaring and impersonal. Which if that's the case is fine, that should be conveyed to clear up misconceptions and so people don't get their hopes up. It would also come across as more professional to state those things (economy and such) from Square itself. It would let people know where they stand and can make appropriate decisions. 

3 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi all 👋 @Blackbear579 @DD_2019 @Me2018_ @Swain - I just wanted to drop in to provide some context on Square Loan offers:

Square accounts—including accounts with an active loan—are reviewed for eligibility regularly. You don’t need to contact us or provide any additional information to become eligible for another loan offer. You can check your Square Dashboard (at any time for more information about your current eligibility status.

Offers are not guaranteed and we are unable to predict when your business may receive another offer. Loan offer details, as well as the timing of eligibility, may differ from your current Square loan. You can find additional details here in the Square Loan Eligibility FAQ support article.

If you have any additional questions about Square Loans, you'll need to get in touch with the Square Financial Services Team by logging into your Square account and heading here. The Financial Services Team's business hours are Monday - Friday, 10 AM to 7 PM CST.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 96 of 1,981

Best Answer

Hello, @Fca

It's understandable that you're curious about the timeline for a new loan offer after being denied, especially given your previous experience. Every case and account is different, on this platform we do not have greater visibility regarding your account and loan qualifications. 

For Square Loan related questions and Loan availability or eligibility you will want to reach out to the Square Banking team. They are available at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. Our designated team will be more than happy to help you further. 

In addition, we went ahead and merged your post to this existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussion their Square Loans. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 1500 of 1,981

Best Answer

Hello, @bsa77

We understand that not being guaranteed a loan offer can be frustrating. 

If your business isn’t eligible for another loan at this time, rest assured your account is automatically reviewed regularly to determine eligibility.

We recently added a eligibility page that you can navigate to by going to the Loans tab on your Square Dashboard to gain more insight into the status of your Square Loans eligibility. We analyze your business’s data for key factors that determine eligibility, such as processing volume, payment frequency, and account activity. Please note that there are many factors that may affect your eligibility, and accounts are evaluated as a whole.

If you’re eligible for another loan, we’ll notify you through email and in your Square Dashboard.

I hope this information is helpful, but please do let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Kacey
Square Loans Team

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.

View Best Answer >

Message 1621 of 1,981
1,980 REPLIES 1,980
Beta Member

I read on a previous post that credit is checked when you accept, did this happen to you, I don’t remember that on my previous 5 loans.   Iam at 71% and playing the waiting game 😩

Message 1135 of 1,981

I’m on my second loan with square. The first one I received a new loan offer at 64% paid off. I was offered a generous amount the end of feb, I accepted and now I am 80% paid off and no new loan offer as of yet. My sales are higher than this time last year, and the card processing everything is good. I want to add more retail to my space and hire 1-2 more employees to generate more income, but can’t until I have some sort of security. I’d love a new loan offer but I’m not sure what else to do to be eligible for it. Has anyone received an offer lately? 

Message 1136 of 1,981

Just spoke to Square and I literally asked “so we are **bleep** out of luck”? And the customer service guy said “yep”. Lovely “customer service”. We will 100% be switching if we don’t get a loan this week. 

Message 1137 of 1,981

We’re absolutely moving to Toast for our second location, which is sitting empty and unrenovated thanks to Square’s BS. I’ve had it. 

Message 1138 of 1,981

I got the rudest rep in the phone today. I said we just want some kind of answer other than “we don’t know anything”. I said “so basically we are just shot out of luck?” And his response was “Yep”. So mad. We are in the same situation. Second location empty while paying rent. Very sad what they are doing to those of use who keep THEIR lights on. 

Message 1139 of 1,981

75% and rising! Some extra Q4 funding & inventory would definitely help out our nerd store, but the Algorithm is strange & mysterious.

Message 1140 of 1,981

I don't have access to real-time information, but loan offers are commonly available in 2023 from various financial institutions and lenders. Whether someone has received an offer depends on their financial situation and creditworthiness. National Truck Repair

Message 1141 of 1,981

We are paid off at 100% and sales higher than any other year, waiting patiently for an offer!

Message 1142 of 1,981

I've seen people say they get offers starting at 60% but I personally have never been offered one that early. I'm sitting at 64% so I'm hoping this time will be different ! 

Message 1143 of 1,981

I had an offer at 50% before, it depends on the loan amount they offer. Not so much percentage.   My previous loan was 32k, i paid down to 50% and they offered 92k. 

Message 1144 of 1,981

I’ve been 100% paid off for months. Since June….. All in the green. Have had several loans before && still no new offers. 

Message 1145 of 1,981

What industry are you in? I wander if they’re not giving offer to high risk industries.

Message 1146 of 1,981

I’m a beauty salon. 

a couple weeks ago a barbershop posted about getting a loan.

it could definitely be a possibility though!

Message 1147 of 1,981

At this point, I’m not even waiting for an offer…I’m just waiting to get paid off so I can have my 19% of daily sales back. We’re at 90%, all green, no offer. 

Message 1148 of 1,981

Hey everyone I received an offer today around 1:30. It was less but I’m thankful. I just made 94%. Good luck everyone. 

Message 1149 of 1,981

Congratulations. Was ur bank account connected ? I haven’t connected mine . 

Message 1150 of 1,981

that’s great - glad you got the offer! It’s good to know the offers are still coming! Even though we never know when!

Message 1151 of 1,981

Just got an offer - 63% paid off and more than double our previous loan. They’re definitely coming!

Message 1152 of 1,981

I'm starting to not believe square when they say they don't look into the business owners personal credit history because my personal credit has taken a turn for the worse in the past 3-4 months and now I haven't been offered a square loan after being offered and paid in full on 4 other square loans. I do $120k-$150k a year through square alone so I know that's more than enough to qualify and when all of the metrics are green for months, it's hard to believe they aren't looking at personal credit. My current has been paid off going on 2 months now and still no new offer. Odd all the other offers came well before paying my last loans off, now there's absolutely nothing. I find it hard to believe square isn't looking at credit when that's the only circumstance that has changed in my situation. I'm actually processing more now than ever. 

Message 1153 of 1,981

all of my makers are green but it still says ineligible…. That’s what worries me

Message 1154 of 1,981

Same. I've been that way and 100 percent paid off for almost 2 months now and nada. 

Message 1155 of 1,981