x

Has anyone received a loan offer in 2023?

I'm at 71% and usually see a offer by now (between 65%-70&).

Message 1 of 1,981
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Has anyone received a loan offer in 2023?

I'm where you are at (minus the actual loan offer part.) Sale are up about 60% over a year ago and processing is up about 65%.  All the other things are in the green.

I think most people's frustrations are that it's just not transparent and there isn't a clear goal to strive for. It is also disheartening to just be told the same quotes over and over. It comes across as uncaring and impersonal. Which if that's the case is fine, that should be conveyed to clear up misconceptions and so people don't get their hopes up. It would also come across as more professional to state those things (economy and such) from Square itself. It would let people know where they stand and can make appropriate decisions. 

3 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi all 👋 @Blackbear579 @DD_2019 @Me2018_ @Swain - I just wanted to drop in to provide some context on Square Loan offers:

Square accounts—including accounts with an active loan—are reviewed for eligibility regularly. You don’t need to contact us or provide any additional information to become eligible for another loan offer. You can check your Square Dashboard (at any time for more information about your current eligibility status.

Offers are not guaranteed and we are unable to predict when your business may receive another offer. Loan offer details, as well as the timing of eligibility, may differ from your current Square loan. You can find additional details here in the Square Loan Eligibility FAQ support article.

If you have any additional questions about Square Loans, you'll need to get in touch with the Square Financial Services Team by logging into your Square account and heading here. The Financial Services Team's business hours are Monday - Friday, 10 AM to 7 PM CST.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 96 of 1,981

Best Answer

Hello, @Fca

It's understandable that you're curious about the timeline for a new loan offer after being denied, especially given your previous experience. Every case and account is different, on this platform we do not have greater visibility regarding your account and loan qualifications. 

For Square Loan related questions and Loan availability or eligibility you will want to reach out to the Square Banking team. They are available at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. Our designated team will be more than happy to help you further. 

In addition, we went ahead and merged your post to this existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussion their Square Loans. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 1500 of 1,981

Best Answer

Hello, @bsa77

We understand that not being guaranteed a loan offer can be frustrating. 

If your business isn’t eligible for another loan at this time, rest assured your account is automatically reviewed regularly to determine eligibility.

We recently added a eligibility page that you can navigate to by going to the Loans tab on your Square Dashboard to gain more insight into the status of your Square Loans eligibility. We analyze your business’s data for key factors that determine eligibility, such as processing volume, payment frequency, and account activity. Please note that there are many factors that may affect your eligibility, and accounts are evaluated as a whole.

If you’re eligible for another loan, we’ll notify you through email and in your Square Dashboard.

I hope this information is helpful, but please do let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Kacey
Square Loans Team

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.

View Best Answer >

Message 1621 of 1,981
1,980 REPLIES 1,980

Did you receive an offer

Message 1261 of 1,981

Anyone get new loan offers recently? I know square/block had a HUGE stake in crypto; wondering if that has affected anything like square loans. Paid off my 4th loan and all my qualifiers are marked as "GOOD" . 

Message 1262 of 1,981
Square Champion

I received an offer two weeks ago at 90%ish paid off and two of my friends that have different types of businesses received offers recently.  So I know the offers are out there.  My offer was half of what my last loan was that I took last year.  

Just a note all three of us do our checking/savings with Square now so not sure if that helps.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 1263 of 1,981

I got my largest loan in June. 77-% paid off. So almost at 90%. Any other places like this that help small business was.  

Message 1264 of 1,981

Did you receive an offer? We’re at 84% never waited this long.

Message 1265 of 1,981

Paid off my second loan in December 2022, both were paid off in advance by months and months and still nothing. Grossed over 230k last year and nothing. So frustrating. All my markers are good, blend of new and repeat customers, no chargebacks or disputes. Not sure why? Could really use it before our season is full swing this spring.

Message 1266 of 1,981

No rhyme or reason. Weve had 5 loans, paid them all off inside of 6 months each, all markers are green...Not sure how the calculate who qualifies or not....

Message 1267 of 1,981

Makes zero sense to me.seems like they would want the revenue and commitment to their platform considering there are literally dozens we could choose from? 

Message 1268 of 1,981

One business got a loan at 85% last week, my second business just got a request at 65% this weekend. Both track similar in sales. Who knows? 

Message 1269 of 1,981

Has anyone found calling or using the chat feature has helped push it along??

Message 1270 of 1,981

It’s a waste of time. They have people who have no power telling you that computers make all the decisions and no humans can change the outcome! This is a strike against Square 

Message 1271 of 1,981

This has been happening to me as well. They must not have as much money as a bank bc so many people opened business’s since 2020. Probably handing it out left and right to newer business’s.  even though we have had our business’s prove themselves for years. It’s ridiculous. 

Message 1272 of 1,981

They should be loaded. They are getting back a substantial fee for offering the loan and they are getting paid back daily from tens of thousands of businesses 

Message 1273 of 1,981

Did you ever get a offer 

Message 1274 of 1,981

Mine was given last summer too, largest loan 33k...and now at 90 percent no new offer.... Kinda sucks..

Message 1275 of 1,981

I just got an offer within the last hour at 92% but my offer was way less than half of my last loan. 

Message 1276 of 1,981

Same!! Does anyone know why this is happening? I’m glad it’s not just me. 

Message 1277 of 1,981

Did you ever get a offer?

Message 1278 of 1,981

I just completed 90% paid and received a new offer almost half of last years amount. Apparently everything is done by algorithm and I’m a seasonal business so if my offer was evaluated during my slow time….it’s going to have a false calculation. 

Message 1279 of 1,981
Beta Member

I haven't received any new loan offers this year. I'm currently at 70% repayment. Usually I'd get a new offer between 60-70% percent. I've read in the forums that this (2023) year the offers are hitting a littler later in the percentage and without the massive increment we are use to. These loans have been so helpful, I really hope they don't slow them down, but I totally understand if they do with everything that happened recently in the tech sector. 😕 I'll keep this tread updated if anything changes on my end. Happy 2023 and continued success guys! 

Message 1280 of 1,981

They offered me a new loan a day after I paid it off 

Message 1281 of 1,981