x

How to edit email on existing invoice.

We have a invoice that was written up with the email address misspelled. We got an email from Square that the invoice email bounced, and the email has a link that says "Edit email address". When clicking that link, it takes us to our invoices and opens this customers invoice for editing, but there is no way to edit the email address. Are we missing something, or can you not edit the email address? I am attaching to images, the one from the Square email showing the button link to edit, and the area of the customer information in the invoice that is greyed out indicating it can't be changed. Any advice would be appreciated.

*Personal information was blocked in images.

Email from Square with link to Edit email addressEmail from Square with link to Edit email addressCustomer information area in Invoices that is not editable.Customer information area in Invoices that is not editable.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Hi CoutureCakes,

You may want to cancel the invoice and create a new one - fields that are greyed out cannot be edited.  It would be nice to delete an invoice however, that's not an option - one can either edit some details and resend or cancel it and create a new one.  At least that's my understanding - not sure if there are any other options - perhaps some other Community members have some thoughts.

Message 2 of 5

That is my rub with the whole situation. Square sends us an email that specifically tells us to edit the email address. Even has a box to click to go there and do that, but editing the email is not an option. How do you (As Square) tell someone that you need to do something that is not even an option to do? That just reeks of the shortcomings of Square.

We have had so many issues with this provider so far it is not even funny. Then every time we get an "Account manager" and discuss the issues and they keep telling us they are working on it, they either leave the company or are reassigned. We have had 3 account managers in the 7 months that we have been using Square, and none of the issues have been resolved.

Sorry for my rant, but it is infuriating to work with a company as large as Square and they treat their customers with such disregard for the quality of service and then they can't even get their act together on how their product functions.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @CoutureCakes I'm sorry for the frustration. Was this invoice a one-time invoice, or was it a recurring invoice? 

I will need to double-check with the product team, but according to this thread, it is not possible to edit the email, and instead it is suggested to duplicate the invoice, edit the details, then cancel the original invoice.

I'm a bit confused as to why you received this particular email, but again, I do want to get more information from the team for clarification. I apologize I am not able to give you more information at the moment. 

Message 4 of 5

This was a one time invoice. The customer paid a deposit in store for the invoice, so it would be a hassle to refund the customer, and then have them make the payment again just for an incorrect email.

May I ask, are you an employee of Square or just a helpful user?

If you are an employee, can you also assist us in finding out who our account manager is?

We have an even more severe issue than this one invoice that our previous account manager was working on for us. We had not heard from him in about a month and emailed him and his response was that he was in a new position in Square and no longer our account manager and that our new one should reach out. We have not heard anything.

Message 5 of 5