x

Apple Pay Issue

Hello,

Whenever I try to take payments on Apple Pay or Google Pay, it produces the following error code:

"Shipping Address Invalid"

Any thoughts on this (the address is correct)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Champion

Hey @tdb12.  I want to make sure I understand your question.  You are trying to take a customer payment on an invoice and they want to pay with Apple/Google pay?  Where are you trying to process the payments — on your POS with the Invoices App, on your phone, with an invoice link sent to the customers?  Do you have a screen shot that shows the error message?  Is this message on your devices or on your customers’ devices?  It’s hard to know where to start to help you to resolve this without some more and clearer information on exactly what is going on and where it is going on.

Thanks,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 10

Hi there thanks for replying. I am trying to process the payment on the phone. We use a scan code imprinted on our devices which the customer can scan and check out with. As a solution, I've tried to turn off "shipping address" in the square payment center

Message 3 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @tdb12👋

When you say "scan code", do you mean a QR code that is generated using a Square checkout link? Just trying to gather as much clarifying information as well, so either I or @TheRealChipA can assist with the best possible troubleshooting.

I'll be on the lookout for your reply!

Message 4 of 10

Hey there, for some reason it did not show you as replying. Yes the process is:

Customer scans QR code from square check out-->input cc info-->shipping error even though shipping is correct. It is for apple and google pay...

Message 5 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey, @tdb12

Thanks for that information. Do you have any screenshots or screen recordings of this when it occurs? Like the payment process from start to finish? This could help myself and our product team better understand what is happening. 

However, reaching out to our Support Team may be the best option here, as they can troubleshoot this with you in real time. 

If you'd like to speak with our Support Team by phone, you can give us a call at 855-700-6000 between 6am-6pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams at any time here: squ.re/contactsqsupport

I hope this helps!

@TheRealChipA may also have a suggestion so be on the lookout for their response! 

Message 6 of 10

Hi there again,

I have reached to support on email and phone and have gotten no response. If there is someone available tomorrow I will reach out.

Message 7 of 10
Square Champion

@tdb12 Sorry for the late reply.  Busy week for me as I prepare to reopen for a new season, prepare for a short trip to LA, etc.  Anyway, those are just my excuses.  LOL. You said above:

Customer scans QR code from square check out-->input cc info-->shipping error even though shipping is correct

This tells me that the error is on your customer’s phone, and it sounds like an issue that I see occasionally on my own device when using Apple Pay.  The issue is not the Square shipping address.  Rather, it is the fact that the card the customer chose to use in Apple/Google Pay does not have a shipping address attached to it for auto-fill during shopping events on the phone in, say, Amazon.  This can be fixed by the customer adding a shipping address on their phone to all of their saved cards.

Honestly, it doesn’t really matter in this case since Square uses the shipping address that the customer entered in your store or on your POS.  Customers could just skip this process, really.  But I understand the angst.  Especially when you are just trying to finish the transaction and move on.

This doesn’t really help you with that last part, but at least now you can explain what the heck is going on.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 8 of 10

Hey @TheRealChipA  sorry for the late reply as well.

You mentioned that they can skip this process, is there a way to do so? We definitely want to use the QR Code in this process. I will also inform my guys to make sure the customer shipping address is up to date on all cards.

Message 9 of 10
Square Champion

@tdb12 I have tried and am unable to reproduce your problem using Pay with QR code on my iPhone and ApplePay.  I really am unsure how to help you further here.  Unless….

Could you make a video showing what is going on with a phone trying to pay with QR code?  That might help trigger something.  And, if not, then @Summer2024 would have something concrete to show the engineers to determine if it is an issue in the Square tech.  Honestly, I’m having a problem knowing whether this is a Square or Phone issue and the video would help a lot.

Thanks,

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 10 of 10