x

Custom image in Square Dashboard under Location Settings

When you're trying to set the "Point of Sale Checkout Background" for your location it seems like no matter what I do to try and make the image smaller and import it that it doesn't matter and keeps the image very large and doesn't look correct as a background at the PIN login and on Square POS and also testing Restaurants app and at its PIN login.

Be nice to be able to have a slider and set the size with a percentage listed and maybe even be able to set a custom color for the background with the ability to set hex colors, etc.

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Finally figured this out.  I had just our cafe logo and setting that as the image and the dashboard just kept blowing it up.  Why I didn't think of it earlier, support person said to zoom out and she couldn't explain what she meant.  

I added space around the logo and set the background as black.  I used 2328 x 1144 as the canvas size as that size is noted as the best to use and I centered the logo and set the size of it and uploaded the image and it turned out perfect then on the customer display for Square Register. Would imagine it works on the iOS app as well.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Best Answer

Finally figured this out.  I had just our cafe logo and setting that as the image and the dashboard just kept blowing it up.  Why I didn't think of it earlier, support person said to zoom out and she couldn't explain what she meant.  

I added space around the logo and set the background as black.  I used 2328 x 1144 as the canvas size as that size is noted as the best to use and I centered the logo and set the size of it and uploaded the image and it turned out perfect then on the customer display for Square Register. Would imagine it works on the iOS app as well.

Message 2 of 2