x

Square POS Notifications

Shouldn't "View and take action on notifications in Notification Center" in permissions be a setting you can give instead of having to give full access?

I'd like the Cafe Manager to have that access to Notifications on the POS but I don't want to give her full access just for that setting.

There isn't a way to move that Notifications either that I can find when it's along the bottom in Square POS app.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

@cashxxWhoops. You're right, my fault. Checkout and Notifications are currently the two applets that can't be moved.

I'm stuck with the advice of setting up the feature request unfortunately. 😞 

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Hello @cashxx !

Hmmm... you're right that there isn't a full permission set for Notifications specifically that I can find. However, you can move the notifications applet. While on your point of sale, tap More. Look for the Customize button (top right on tablets, near the bottom of the list on phones). You can move whatever applet you want or leave a space blank.

As for the notifications permissions, I definitely recommend putting a feature request in the Ideate section here on this site.

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 4

@ryanwanner I did do the customize option under more but Notifications is grey and can't move it.  I put Orders and Transactions down there where I could customize it.  Checkout and Notifications was grey and not editable.

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

Best Answer

@cashxxWhoops. You're right, my fault. Checkout and Notifications are currently the two applets that can't be moved.

I'm stuck with the advice of setting up the feature request unfortunately. 😞 

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 4