x

Why haven’t I gotten any sales yet

Hi I’ve been running my shop for four months now and haven’t gotten one sale yet idk if it’s my prices or what is it I sell crochet handmade items 

my website  let me know ur thoughts 

sakurawizardingcreations.square.site 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Sakurawizarding, I see this is your first post. I am so happy to have you join! 😀🎉

Your website and crochets are so cute! I know it can be discouraging, but I know the sales will come! I am going to tag some of our super sellers who can provide some of their tips and tricks @Stacelyn24 @Sam_400º @PartyManiaMD @ryanwanner @GourmetOnWheels

If you need anything don't hesitate to reach out to me or any of our Seller Community moderators  😊

Message 2 of 15
Square Champion

@Sakurawizarding I see nothing wrong with your site, but have you compared your prices with Etsy? Also, remember that customers are a bit tapped out after the Holiday Season.

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 3 of 15
Square Champion

@Sakurawizarding ;

How do you advertise your Website?  How do people know about your Website?  Just because you have a website does not mean people will come to it if they never heard of it.  I have a retail location and my website. When I have customers come in I let them know of the website and give them a business card that has the website on it plus my Labels are preprinted with our website on it.  Did you start a Facebook page for your crochet items?  Take pictures and post them there with Links to your website.   The biggest selling point we have is Word of mouth and boy does it travel.  Good and Bad.  Just after Christmas I started getting a bunch of orders from areas like Iowa and Michigan, California, Texas and FL.  These orders came from people who visted us or who had friends vist us and bought a candle or two to try.  So then for the holidays they ordered and gave them as gifts.  Now the people who received the gifts are ordering.  Things take time and just because you open a website does not make people come to it, you need to advertise your site and inform people why they should shop at your website over your competitors.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 15

I promote on fb instagram and TikTok about my shop and have my own fb page that has my website as well as business cards and still no sales 

Message 5 of 15
Square Champion

I'm so sorry because that can be really frustrating, but don't give up.  Let's just take what we've learned and improve on it.  Okay so after looking at your site the prices look reasonable.  I would say you definitely need better photos.  I suggest going to one of your competitors sites or social media pages.  See how they pose their products and what color scheme the use for their website and social media platform....mimic them (not saying be like them...just mimic what you like and add your own style to the equation). 

For your "About Us" section.  It's a little short...add a little more about why you're passionate and how it helps you when you're crocheting.  Put a picture of you and your son in your creations...customers love an actual face behind the brand.  If you're not on social media like Instagram then get on there...link you Square website and sale from there.  You can get more customers that way as well 🙂

Start small...try something...monitor it.  If it works keep going if not, then tweak it and move forward.  You got this 🙂

Message 6 of 15
Beta Member

Hey there Sakurawizarding,

Just wanted to visit your site - did you take it off line - seems it's not available.  From the other posts, I think they all have offered some good tips.  Hopefully, you'll be back online soon.

Message 7 of 15

No 

Message 8 of 15
Beta Member

It takes time, patience and a bit of creativity.  There's more to it than just having a web site and business cards.  TikTok and Facebook can be helpful as well as other social media apps - the more you get connected the better.  Your site looks good too.   Looking at your handmade items I'm thinking that simply trying to sell online is not going to be enough - there's quite a few others out there doing the same thing - have you considered selling in person and using your site as a backup.  Think local markets and events where people can actually see your items and meet you.   Actually meeting the creator or artist can make a huge difference.  We've learned over the years when it comes to handmade items, especially knitted, crochet, hand sewn or hand quilted, people need to see your creations in person and touch/feel if permitted.  It's like the same feeling you get when shopping for clothes - you want to see it in person first which makes shopping online a bit easier for future decisions.   Just personal thoughts of course and I'm sure others here will have some ideas.

Message 9 of 15

I post on fb instagram and TikTok and have a business card I pass out and even on seller groups on fb and have a fb page for my shop but still not one sale is there’s something I’m doing wrong or what ??? Here my website https://racheallescreations.square.site/ 

Message 10 of 15

Hi Racheal,

I couldn't find your website at first because it was listed as SAKURAWIZARDING which led to a 404 error, however, with the new site information, it is very nice!

Here are my tips, just know I am a hobbyist and this is not my job.  What I do is for fun, however, once upon a time I did have a flower business.

1. Try to find a place that doesn't have a busy background to take your photos, it distracts from your obvious hard work.  For any blankets or shawls, try to hang them so you can take a picture straight on, you will be able to see your design details much easier.
2. You said you have business cards.  I don't know where you purchase your yarn, but if it is a smaller independent shop, you can leave some of your cards at the shop, some people are looking for someone to make quilts, afghans, hats, and small things, and will as a shop owner.

3. This is the hardest thing, find small craft shows and I am a huge proponent of finding Conventions.  Get yourself and your product in front of people. Often you can find repeat customers and referrals by doing this, not to mention meeting a great community.

I hope this helps.  I wish you the greatest success, and I will spy for you on the clock app 😂

Ann Johnson
Message 11 of 15
Admin

Hi @Sakurawizarding

It's also worth optimizing your existing Square Online site for search engines. We can't assist with SEO at Square, but you'll find all the information you need on our Ultimate SEO Guide.

I hope this helps !

Message 12 of 15

Sign up for google analytics, its free and this way you can see if youre getting any traffic as well as where they are comming from. For ours we do Facebook, our blogs, mewe, and telegram. Ive got youtube but havnt added any content yet. We get traffic but havnt sold much via the website other than people contacting us about items and selling over the phone. We do more sales that way as well as at markets than anything else. Marketing to me is the hardest part, but there are some good tutorials out there to that helps out with ideas on that. It can be a lot of work and im still figuring things out myself but we are getting sales more now. Just some ideas.

Https://whysprs-whymseys.square.site
Message 13 of 15
Beta Member

You could also set up a free account on MailChimp and send out occasional emails promoting new items etc. with a link to your shop.

Good luck. Tony

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 14 of 15

Hi 

I just took a look at your website and you have some lovely stuff on there, but the top half of your home page is a bit busy with all the different pictures and difficult to know where to look.  Have you though about keeping the picture on the section that says "enter into a world of magic" and then making the navigation bar, the sections that say "superior service" and "items and way of ordering" into sold colours.

I notice you have about and shop all pages, but as I customer I always look for delivery, returns and a way to contact the website owner, If I am considering buying off them.  Not having these would put most people off.

Also on your listings I would put the sizes of the items, especially items like the hats like this one https://racheallescreations.square.site/product/puff-hat/59?cp=true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=false&categ....  It doesn't say if it will fit a mans, womans or teenagers head.  This cardigan https://racheallescreations.square.site/product/hexagon-cardigan/36?cp=true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=fal....  What fits a size 10 woman wont fit a size 20 woman, and it could put people off buying if they don't know if it fit them.

People above have said about your photos, I use the free version of Abode Express https://www.adobe.com/express/pricing to lighten the exposure on my photos, and vibrance and saturation as sometimes lightning photos can wash out the photos.

I also found this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1JBJjMK4SY on how to remove the background from your images for free.  Other wise you can also use https://app.photoroom.com/create for free well.

You have made a great start on your website and I hope my advice was helpful to you.

Handmade Crochet Fashions & Decor
https://oh-handmade-by-nat.square.site/
Message 15 of 15