x

unable to edit most parts of the Store Order Confirmation Email?

Hi there, 

i am setting up a payment for deposit for my upcoming Yoga retreat and I am unable to edit most of the Order COnfirmation email in the store? There's all these other parts to the email that I want to delete and I cant seem to. What's the point of having a email if I can't customise it? 
Thanks 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square

Hi @midmerry It sounds like you are looking at the test or example email? This email is going to show you every possible option an order confirmation can display. i.e. physical delivery, digital delivery, pickup, etc. If you want to see a true experience, I recommend creating a zero dollar product and following the checkout process on the live site. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 13

I want to be able to edit the wording in my existing store email and cannot find where to do that.  I've gone under Store Emails, Edit and all I see is my existing document, without an ability to Edit.

Message 14 of 13
Square

Hi @LnZ what type of product are you selling? I don't think you can edit the wording for certain types. 

Message 14 of 13

There is a message that during sales, I will send the links.  I no longer have an affiliation with the CompusewwithJan Yahoo Group as they are closed.

Lynsey

Message 14 of 13
Square

Hi @LnZ. I'm not sure what you mean. Did you remove any digital items from your store?

Message 14 of 13

Adam, this is what I and my customers see when they order: 

All I want to see is "Thank you for your purchase!"  

I am no longer affiliated with the referred to CompusewwithJan Yahoo Group members, so I want to be able to delete the rest of that statement.

Thank you for your purchase!

During Sales Period, only for CompusewwithJan Yahoo Group members, 

Paypal links will not be active.  You will receive an email from Lynsey with active links for sale price.

Thanks for any light you can shine on this problem.

LnZ

Message 14 of 13

Sorry, forgot to add these are digital lessons for download, only now.

Message 14 of 13

Bernadette, thank you for your attempt to explain.  Please see my response to Adam, showing the wording I am trying to delete from my confirmation to the purchaser.

LnZ

Message 14 of 13
Square

Hi @LnZ You can only access the email editor if you have a sender profile setup. 

I'm not sure if maybe you had one active before, and that's why your order confirmation email is edited with custom text? Once you add the sender profile back you'll be able to edit the email again and remove the text you no longer need. 

Message 14 of 13

Thanks. I'll try that later, Bernadette. 

Message 14 of 13

Bernadette, it wasn't easy, but for anyone having a similar problem:

1.  Sign in
2.  General Settings
3.  Sender Profile (did nothing, just looked at what was there and left)
4.  Communications - email
5.  Add header (counter intuitive, but that's what I clicked on)
6.  I was able to erase the text I no longer wanted, saved it and viola`, it now reads more clearly.

Thank you all in the community for the help with this which I've struggled with for this for the past year!
Message 14 of 13
Square

Glad to hear you were able to resolve it. Thanks for posting an update for us. Smiley Happy 

Message 14 of 13