x

Is there any way to edit the price class?

Hi, 

Under ecommerce when editing a theme, there's a note stating:

NOTE: price_class can be either empty, range-sale-price, or single-sale-price
If the price is a range of prices we replace the display with the new range (range-sale-price)
If the price is a single price we cross the standard price out and add the sale price beside it (signle-sale-price)

Is there a way that I can remove the range-sale-price all together? I've looked through the code and I can't seem to find an answer in there, hopefully someone can shed some light on it. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

If it uses a specific class I'd recommend just adding a specific rule to hide that class to your CSS.

Something like this:

.range-sale-price { display:none !important; }

I don't know if that will work for sure, but it's worth a shot.

Message 2 of 10

Thanks! I'll try it out. 

Message 3 of 10

I too have tried to remove this. It's annoying to display the range of pricing. Is there a way to remove this? I tried to add that code suggested to the CSS but maybe I am not putting it in the right place? Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 10

I was wondering where in the CSS theme I should try to place that code? I too am having an issue with wanting to remove the price range. I noticed your reply but I have tried to place that code everywhere and nothing works. Not sure if I am putting it in the right place. Any help you can provide will be great. Thanks
Message 5 of 10

An easy way to add it without theme customization is to wrap it in <style> tags and add it to Settings > SEO > Header Code.  This would be the code based on what I gave earlier:

<style>
.range-sale-price { display:none !important; }
</style>
Message 6 of 10

I added it to the SEO under Header Code, saved and published but the pricing is still there. Any other suggestions? I know for a fact that this is detering people from buying from me. Thanks for the input.

Message 7 of 10
Square

@rlprinting wrote:

I added it to the SEO under Header Code, saved and published but the pricing is still there. Any other suggestions? I know for a fact that this is detering people from buying from me. Thanks for the input.

@Some code might vary by theme.  If you post a link to your site @BJ might be able to figure out what would be needed for yours.@BJ might be able to figure out what would be needed for yours.

Message 8 of 10

Post a link to what exactly? Please advise. Haven't  been able to get rid of the price range showing up. It's annoying and deters people from buying since they are looking at the range and not the fact that each add on increases prices as well as qty upgrades. Any help will be great.

Thanks

Message 9 of 10
Square

Sorry about that - posting a link to your site is what I was refering to.

Message 10 of 10