x

How do I track inventory in modifier?

My cafe has several sandwiches that can be modified with or without items, more specifically, what type of bagel it will be on.  I have over 20 bagel choices and I need to be able to track which bagel my customer orders.  I'm afraid once we launch our online site, customers will request bagels we ran out of for the day.  Also, my entire menu consists of a variety of bagels.

Second issue is how do my customers order more qtys of the same sandwich but each sandwich have different bagels?  Currently, my staff and I have to punch in every bagel sandwich one-by-one, which is very time consuming!

Last issue, I also sell bagels by the dozen!  So the problem is they can't choose which bagel they want multiple of. For instance, they would have to buy 1 dozen and choose 1 flavor each. Which most of the time, they want 2 or more of the same flavor that equal to a dozen!

Please advise.  

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

By design modifiers do not track inventory, since they're meant to just be customizations or modifiers to an item and not separate SKUs that would have their own inventory. If you have separate inventory for different kinds of the same item, use variations instead since those do let you track inventory. You can use both together, so you could set up variations for each bagel type, then use modifiers for the other customizations that don't affect inventory.

Message 7 of 6

Thank you for your reply.  I appreciate it.  If I use variations, I'm going to have over 100 variations, per item (we have over 30 different ways of making sandwiches/items).  I don't think that's the smartest way for me.  Uber Eats and Postmates seem to have it simplified.  Just wondering if there is anyway we can model that system?  Here's an example:  Blueberry, Cinnamon, Asiago etc... flavor bagles can go on to a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich. But can also go on just a bacon and cheese sandwich too.  Lot's of ways to modify a sandwich with over 20 different bagel flavors.  I've called into Weebly and Sqaure.  They do not have a QTY/inventory option for me at this time.  I hope they come up with something soon. I really aprecaite your help.  

Message 7 of 6

I agree, modifiers need to have the option of inventory, cause I can't go in everytime and hide it when something sells out..

Message 7 of 6

Hi Adam, 

I also have an issue with tracking inventory on variations.  I want to have people select 1 party pack, which includes 2 pints.  They can choose which pints by having 2 identical variation dropdown lists of our pint flavors.  It works pretty well, except how do i enter the SKU's of the individual items(pints) into the different variation combinations.  Do I add both SKU's into the SKU field, separated by a comma?  I want to be able to deduct SKU stock from each variation field separately.  Don't know if I'm describing my problem properly

thanks

Chris

Message 7 of 6
Square

By design, modifiers do not track inventory since they are meant to just be modifications of a single SKU or item, rather than individual SKUs or variations. The only way to track inventory for each specific SKU is with item variations where each variation can have a single SKU and inventory. You won't be able to have two separate drop-downs that both track inventory, though. I'm not sure there's a way to do what you want with how our variations work right now, unfortunately.

Message 7 of 6