x

Parallax background does not work

Although I have chosen a responsive theme (Haberdasher), and preview for mobile (on the desktop device switcher) is showing the parallax background like it should...the parallax does not work when I'm checking my website on my Samsung smartphone or Asus tablet. My site is http://froth-pak.weebly.com/ 

Anyone has a suggestion?

Thanks

Grtz, Wim

Message 1 of 29
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

I don't believe that parralax effects are working on mobile just yet, @wimgernaey, and I don't have an ETA right now on when that will be implemented. Sorry for the confusion!

View Best Answer >

Message 26 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Square

Hi @CaitlinE No, we don't have any update. I'm very sorry about this. Smiley Sad 

I processed the refund for you, though. Please allow 2-3 business days for the funds to return to your account. 

Message 26 of 29

Bummer, thank you for the quick response and help. Sorry to have to leave, I would still recommend Weebly for those who don't care as much about those mobile features.

Message 26 of 29

Hi Adam, Bernadette,

People have been asking for Parallax view to work in mobile for four years now. Why is such a relatively simple thing not possible?

I understand that when companies stop growing they become less interested in improving the product and just want to milk exisiting clients until the takeover, but still... allmost all other content management host company have this feature working fine. 

A question I asked on another topic as well: do you guys actually still have a team--with programming skills--working on improvements?

And please don't take this the wrong way. I have no big issues with Weebly. It's an adequate compromise for my needs.

Message 26 of 29

I'd like to know, too. Surely you can just make parallax work?
Message 26 of 29

Weebly doesn't have 'true' parallax, however you can fix the position of the background on mobile devices by adding this CSS to your theme/page.

There is one problem with this method (which I suspect is why it's not generally supported with mobiles) and that is that the image resizes slightly if the browser's URL location bar disappears/appears as the user scrolls. If you can put up with that, you're in luck I hope.

Regards,

Mark

@media screen and (max-width: 992px) {
.wsite-section-effect-parallax {
    background-attachment: fixed;
}}
Message 30 of 29

@MJCS Where should I put that code?

Message 30 of 29

In the editor mode go to "theme". There is an Button on the bottom on the left side "edit html/css". Here you can add the code.
Works finally.

Message 30 of 29

This is not a good solution as this CSS is NOT supported on Safari so the images look botched and blurred. 

Any update on the solution to this? This really is crap. 

Message 30 of 29