x

Parallax background does not work

Although I have chosen a responsive theme (Haberdasher), and preview for mobile (on the desktop device switcher) is showing the parallax background like it should...the parallax does not work when I'm checking my website on my Samsung smartphone or Asus tablet. My site is http://froth-pak.weebly.com/ 

Anyone has a suggestion?

Thanks

Grtz, Wim

Message 1 of 29
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

I don't believe that parralax effects are working on mobile just yet, @wimgernaey, and I don't have an ETA right now on when that will be implemented. Sorry for the confusion!

View Best Answer >

Message 26 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Square

Best Answer

I don't believe that parralax effects are working on mobile just yet, @wimgernaey, and I don't have an ETA right now on when that will be implemented. Sorry for the confusion!

Message 26 of 29

Is there an update on when parallex will be func joining on mobile??

Message 26 of 29
Square

I don't have any updates about that right now, unfortunately. Sorry!

Message 26 of 29

If Parallax isn't going to work for mobile, please take off the functionality in the preview for mobile. It is unfair that we can see it work in the preview, but yet it does not work when published. That or please fix parallax for mobile as advertised!! 

Message 26 of 29
Square

Thanks for posting, @Befu - I agree it shouldn't be shown in the mobile preview and that's something we'd like to change to prevent confusion.

Message 26 of 29

This is a joke! Isn't it?

This is why I chose Weebly for implementing my website. After having published parallax view does not work!

That's more than poor! Very disapointing!

Message 26 of 29
Square

Sorry for the frustration, @k5. Parallax view will not work on mobile, unfortunately. 

Message 26 of 29

Is this a permanent decision on Weebly's end? If so, why are they showing prallax working in mobile preview? I also designed my site around the parallax feature. I'm guessing I need to go back and redesign. I agree that this is very frustrating.

Message 26 of 29
Square

I agree it's confusing, @kab. I imagine that the preview has it working because it's not a true mobile browser, and whatever limitation there is on an actual mobile device isn't present with the preview. I'll see if I can find out any info on where we are with this, although I haven't heard anything in a while about it.

Message 26 of 29

Thanks so much for your reponse, @Adam! I am beginning to (grudgingly) redesign the few sections in which I used the  (beautiful) parallax feature, so that my site is mobile responsive. An example is this page: https://www.gotoguidefornewdads.com/authors.html

Parallax looks amazing on desktop and mobile preview, but doesn't work in actual mobile and ends up covering our faces. Oh well, I can redesign!

Just a tiny note alongside the parallax feature would be great - warning: this feature will not function in mobile although it appears to function beautifully in preview : ) 

Message 26 of 29
Square

I agree, a tooltip or note about that the behavior on mobile would be helpful in reducing confusion. I really like the parallax feature, too, by the way! Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 29

Still not working...

Huge dissapointment...any chances to change this?

Message 26 of 29

@Adam any updates on the parallax thing? This issue was raised over 2 years ago and I still have this issue on my site. I think it's seriously time to escalate by now. 

In the interim - any tips for adjusting the placement of backgrounds on mobile? The site looks gorgeous on desktop, and with the parallax preview, my text is legible over the image (specifically in "Let there be print" section). However, I don't have any control over the fact that there's black text over my black magazine when I look at the website on my phone. Help??

https://www.mazingmag.com/

Message 26 of 29
Square

Hmm... One thing you could try for that particular section is using the "Hide" app. This app allows you to add content to it and specify what screen sizes you show it on. You could use one element to display your section content like it is now on large screens, then add another element set to only display on small screens with the same content, but in a different color.

https://www.weebly.com/app-center/hide

Message 26 of 29

Hi Adam,

What is the status on the Parallax mobile issue? I know Weebly is not making much improvements anymore to its system anymore but this is a very important issue. This way many Weebly users are not able to provide their customers with a nice immersive mobile experience.

Max

Message 26 of 29
Square

I don't see any updated notes on this, @AirportHistory I'm very sorry and understand the frustration. 

Message 26 of 29

@Adam @Bernadette : Why does it work with Wix and the likes? What is Weebly's excuse? This is about basic functionality. 

How can this issue be prioritized? 

Message 26 of 29
Square

That's a good question, but I don't know the reasoning behind not having the feature. I know our platforms are similar, but probably use different types of code. If parallax background on mobile is something you need for your site to function then Weebly may not be the best option for you. I'm not saying that it's not possible we will ever include it.. I just don't have an eta for you right now. 

Message 26 of 29

This is ridiculous, I am awaiting for this to be changed. I am thinking of moving to wordpress in the meantime Poor form weebly

Message 26 of 29

Any update to this parallax issue on the mobile site? I am building my website for the first time and just published since the mobile preview looked okay. If there is no update or solution, is there any way I can get a refund for the purchase of the business plan so I can transfer to a website builder with more freedom in this?

Message 26 of 29