x

How do I make my website more mobile friendly?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

how to make my website mobile friendly, what changes and how.

Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

If you've built your site using the classic drag-and-drop Weebly website editor and are using one of our older, non-responsive themes, I recommend switching to a new theme.  These are all responsive and will adjust to smaller screens automatically. You also might want to look into using the Hide app from the App Center, as you can use that to hide and show content on different screen sizes.

View Best Answer >

Message 16 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Square

It looks like there's a typo in your site address: the "a" in place is an "s". If you change your site address to correct the spelling and re-publish it should load for you.

Message 27 of 26

Oh. Well, thank you. 

Message 27 of 26
Square

Not a problem!

Message 27 of 26

Dear Adam,

I created my website several years ago, not bothering too much on how it looked on mobile phones. I would like now to fix it to look presentable on phones too as at the moment it is a mess. The font is not recognised, pictures are all over without a precise order and they are of different size, etc... How can I emprove it?

(if I remember correctly my theme is custom made).

This is my website http://www.aperantiagrotourism.com/

Thanks

Sara

Message 27 of 26
Square

Hi, Sara. You have an older theme which is not mobile responsive. I recommend updating your theme to a newer, responsive theme by clicking on Theme>Change Theme. Note: you will have to rebuild the content in the header sections. 

If you have a larger website, or if you are hesitant to update, you can make a copy of your site first. Then you can practice switching themes on the copy site to get a feel for how much editing you will need to do. You can make a copy of the site by clicking the dropdown in the top right corner of the dashboard. 

Message 27 of 26