x

How do I make my website more mobile friendly?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

how to make my website mobile friendly, what changes and how.

Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

If you've built your site using the classic drag-and-drop Weebly website editor and are using one of our older, non-responsive themes, I recommend switching to a new theme.  These are all responsive and will adjust to smaller screens automatically. You also might want to look into using the Hide app from the App Center, as you can use that to hide and show content on different screen sizes.

View Best Answer >

Message 16 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Square

Best Answer

If you've built your site using the classic drag-and-drop Weebly website editor and are using one of our older, non-responsive themes, I recommend switching to a new theme.  These are all responsive and will adjust to smaller screens automatically. You also might want to look into using the Hide app from the App Center, as you can use that to hide and show content on different screen sizes.

Message 16 of 26

Hello, Adam!

I'm using this team https://www.weebly.com/themes#preview/onlinestore/678894260575363684

But it isn't work at mobile!

https://www.weebly.com/editor/main.php

Could you help me, please?

Message 16 of 26
Square

Your mobile site is loading for me, @Jgmet. How is it not working for you?

Message 16 of 26

Adam!

I have not loaded the top photo

Tags (1)
Message 16 of 26
Square

Is it the picture next to the text "Go Mobile"? I see that on my mobile device.

Message 16 of 26

Adam! Thank you, I've changed the template, it's work so-so ))

Message 16 of 26

Hi @Adam,

Thanks for answering this thread and thanks @TheChowdaMan for putting this up, glad it's not just me.

So my website has been getting alot of negative feedback for its mobile theme, regardless of what theme I choose the result ends up the same being a beautiful website but on a phone it just looks zoomed in instead of just transplanting the website from A to B.

Any ideas why and any suggestions, my website is TheJoshuaStreet.weebly.com.

Thanks in advance,

Message 16 of 26
Square

Thanks for posting, @TheJoshuaStreet. When it comes to background images on desktop vs mobile, a lot of the end result comes down to what image you chose. The radically different screen ratios of a phone in portrait mode vs desktop computer mean that a background image is going to have to fit into an area that is shaped totally different. You can see what I mean if you rotate your phone to landscape and reload. Your background image will likely look a lot better because it's now fitting into an area that has similar dimensions even though it's smaller.

I would try experimenting with different background images (we have a lot of stock images that you can use so you can do this right within the editor). The image you have there now could be added as a regular image element, too, which should then shrink more appropriately on a mobile device.

Message 16 of 26

Hi Adam, 

Is there a way to fix the changes that happen to the Text part of the website when in Mobile mode? It looks good on the desktop, but when it goes to mobile format the Text that is supposed to be bigger is actually smaller, or all the text on one page is the same size when I had formatted it to be different sizes so that certain phrases stand out more. 

Please help!  Here's the website link for reference: https://celine-omalley.weebly.com/

Thanks! 

Message 16 of 26
Square

Hmm... did you make any changes to the text that is getting smaller, e.g. using the + or - button it or pasting it in from somewhere else?

Message 16 of 26

You are talking rubbish !!!!!!

Message 16 of 26

Hi

I have a website using your responsive theme but it is still not mobile friendly. How do I optimise it for mobile?

Message 16 of 26
Square

What parts of your site do you feel are not very mobile friendly, @EM4?

Message 16 of 26

@Adam I am experiencing the same issue. I am using a new, responsive theme, and it's really not mobile friendly. The content boxes don't align and are mixed up on my mobile screen. Additionally, text that appears on one line on desktop, is cut into two lines on mobile. I would have assumed that a mobile friendly version would just shrink the website to fit onto a mobile screen, rather, it's moving the content around.  Any chance you could help with our design? I have tried using the content lock app, and it works it some spots, but not others. Our site link is www.thelivehere.weebly.com.

thanks in advance.

- Jodi, LIVEHERE Admin

Message 16 of 26

Interesting: we were told our website www.allshortsuk.co.uk built using Weebly was mobile friendly. However, our present mobile responsive score sits at 33%. What do you recommend? Many thanks
Message 27 of 26
Square

Hmm... Your site is behaving as I'd expect for a responsive site. What tool did you use to score it, and did it give any other info on how it came to that score?

Message 27 of 26

I'm using the saving animals template, and both me and my friend {On IOS and Ipad} aren't getting through to my site. help please

Message 27 of 26

I'm using the saving animals template, and both me and my friend {On IOS and Ipad} aren't getting through to my site. Help please.

Message 27 of 26
Square

What site are you having trouble with, @HelloIneedHelp?

Message 27 of 26

I am having trouble with a domain called thefreebirdsplace. I cannot get into it on mobile and was wondering if my template was the issue. My template was the WCS template.

Message 27 of 26