x

How to get rid of the border box?????

The topic allready exists but I couldn't find a usefull answer so I'm posting the question again.

Is there a way to get rid of the border box around products?

Through Chrome inspect I have managed to track down the border code -border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2)- and when I click next to it the borders disapear just as I want to. Now unfortunately I can't save this setting and I'm not able to find this rule in the html/css editor. But maybe somebody here knows the answer to that?

www.globalantiques.com.au

Thanks for your time and support!!

Cheers,

Jochem

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

If you can't find it in your CSS files, you can always just add a new rule with the border set to a different color, none, or anything else you'd like. We don't provide assistance with changes like that, though if you need help I'm sure some of our Community members could help.

Message 2 of 12

Hi Adam,

Thanks for that I'll give it a try! Is there any chance Weebly will change this themselves in the near futere?

Cheers,

Jochem

Message 3 of 12
Square

I'm not sure, but you're more than welcome to post it on our Vote on Features board if you'd like us to add that. Smiley Happy

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/idb-p/IdeaExchange

Message 4 of 12

Weebly never changes anything or imakes any improvements to it's themes. Super frustrating.

Message 6 of 12

Hi @Globalantiques,

This is the CSS (below) you can add to the bottom of your main.css file. It's safer add it to the bottom of the CSS rather than edit trying to edit the rule in the body of the CSS - mainly because you can reverse it easily if you need to later.

.wsite-com-category-product-image-wrap, .wsite-com-category-product-featured-image-wrap, .wsite-com-category-subcategory-image-wrap {
    border: 0px;
}

Rather than change the colour I've just changed the width to 0px.

Best of luck, Mark

Message 6 of 12

Hi,

Ive entered the code as shown into  CleanLines 2 and altered lines 101 and 112 to show 0px (previously 1px) but the feint grey border still shows in products in categories .

the only other code I can find are lines 506 .fancybox overlay & line 585 fancybox-thumbs.bottom and 587 background #f9f9f9(fancybox). ? are these relevant and will anything else work ?

Regards naturally2.co.uk

Message 8 of 12

@Globalantiques Hi all! If you're referring to the main product image on product pages- It'll probably be a little different per theme but search in your main css for .wsite-com-product-images-main-image and there should be a line of code for the border, which you can simply change to 0 and tada! If you have trouble finding, the slower route is just to search for the word "border" in your code and scroll through till you find the one under the product section and for the specific images you're looking for. Hope that helps.

Message 8 of 12

OK all, really annoying me is trying to remove the border colour to the text box in the header....please help!

Message 13 of 12
Square

What is the address of the site you're having trouble with, @Ronelle?

Message 13 of 12

Hi @Adam,  The code in the SEO header is working on one (experiences) page but not another (Home)???ite is www.rooksedge.com.au

thank you.

<style>
.wsite-header-elements:before
{
border:none !important;
}
</style>

Message 13 of 12
Square

Hi @Ronelle The original question in this thread is a bit different. Luckily, the theme you are on has a quick fix. First, you can delete those codes you entered in the SEO section. Next, click on Theme>Theme Options and toggle off/on the "Alternate banner style" option. Make sure to publish for the changes to go live. 

Message 13 of 12