x

How do I enter new product image in CSV?

I am just getting started with this.  I will appreciate any help I can get.

In reading the help files, Weebly says that if I have more than 20 products, it would be best to create a CSV file and upload it to the store.  I have created a test item and exported it to my computer to work on.

In the CSV that I downloaded, the image URL is shown as......mysite.com/uploads/6/7/3/6733546/s457560722659_p27_i2_w2268.jpeg

What do I enter on the CSV for new product images?

When I add products to the CSV, how do I enter the new image URL?

Or am I supposed to add the product photo directly into that cell and let Weebly assign a URL? 

What if I have more than one photo for each product? (did not have more than one photo for test product).

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

The image URL needs to be something web accessible, so you'd need to upload the image somewhere online where you can get the URL to add to that field. The other option is to leave it blank and add your images later once your products have all been imported. I think it's probably simpler to do that since you'll be making extra work for yourself to upload each image somewhere else, then copy the URL, then paste it in, rather than just upload it once afterward.

Message 7 of 6

That makes sense.

Thank you Adam.

Message 7 of 6
Square

Not a problem!

Message 7 of 6

Hi! 

Seeing this and wondering now, based on what has been said, where do I paste the image url once my products are all there? Thanks!

Message 7 of 6
Square

Adam is advising that you upload the images after you have imported the csv file. You can add product images by clicking on Items>Item Library then the item name. Once you are on the Edit Item page you will see the option to upload an image on the right side of the screen. 

Message 7 of 6