x
Beta Member

Pick up/Delivery Change option confusing for customers

Hi, most of my customers are confused and therefore leaving us confused by their preferred date for either pick up or delivery and we have to spend time calling about 80% to clarify. 

When customers add items to purchase immediately there are choices to 'check out', 'continue shopping' and right above those choices is 'Pick up' box.  In small blue letters is the word CHANGE.

One would assume this is the box you would click on to change the date that you want to either pick up or have a delivery while also being able to choose either pick up or delivery.  However, at the moment when you click on the CHANGE button (which should be bolder and larger to see), customers can only choose between pick up and delivery.  But the date from the previous screen is not an option so most of our customers (many who are new to online ordering) don't realize they can select a date for future delivery or pick up as this is not even an option until the very last page of check out and most of our customers miss it by that point.  Why can't that be selected on the same page as the option to choose either delivery or pickup?  Even as I run through my site daily I also find it confusing as a customer.  When the CHANGE button is there, to me, I should be able to change the date as well as whether I want delivery or pick up.  Does that make sense?

Thank you,

Leanne

Five Girls Baking

Canada

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

Thanks for the feedback. The teams are working on updates for delivery/pickup, although I don't know if the ability to select a date up front is one of the options. I saw a site earlier today that provided instructions on updating the date.. Let me see if I can find it again so you can take a look. Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 3

Any update on the Pick Up vs Delivery choice in cart being more apparent to the user than the current "Change" link in the cart. Get called daily on users not intuitively knowing how to get delivery verse pickup. Thanks.

Message 4 of 3