x

Cookie Banner Override

Hi—I would like the ability to turn off the Weebly cookie notification. Our website is integrated with HubSpot and we prefer to implement the cookie notification through them. Using their cookie notification automatically updates contact records and provides better tracking. 

The alternative I was given from a support representation was to implement a more customizable option through the Zotabox app.  I did this to see what would happen and learned the app does not override the Weebly cookie notification.  The only options in Weebly are to display the notification to "All Visitors" or "EU Visitors".  Thus, either option forces an audience to view two cookie notifications (in different formats), which is not ideal. 

Is there any way Weebly can recognize a 3rd party cookie notification is being implemented and allow it to be overridden? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

I don't believe this is possible if you are located in the EU. Have you tried submitting a ticket to support?

Message 5 of 4

@Bernadette I'm located in the US.  I've spoken with support and they've confirmed there is no way around it. How do I escalate this to gain visibility and try to get it on their backlog for a fix? 

Message 5 of 4
Square

Hi there. Unfortunately, it is not possible to remove the banner from the site. I can escalate a support ticket to the policy team for you, but they are going to advise the same. 

Message 5 of 4