x

Massive Issue with NEW Delivery/Pick Up Feature

-Hi Guys - Could you please have a look at the following and respond? It has a massive impact.

1. Like thousands of modern businesses, especially since quarantine, I am an ONLINE ONLY business.

2. Like other local businesses around my area, I want to be able to offer FREE local delivery (and to ship everywhere else).

3. The new way you've set it up is extremely constricting in that it will only allow me to deliver to a certain area ONLY IF I ALSO allow 'pick up'.

This is impossible. I don't have a 'store front' (as online businesses don't), and I'm not going to put up my own address online for people to come and collect anything!!

But then that means I CAN'T deliver to someone just down the road and offer them free shipping BECAUSE if I allow 'pickup', it adds it as an option for ANYONE in the country who might buy something.

SO this is an impossible situation.

You need to unlink the two features. So you do not have to enable pickup in order to offer delivery.

For anyone who runs an online only business, the way your new pickup/delievery feature works is totally unsuitable.

Can this be fixed? It's a simple fix to unlink them.

I've held off advertising in my local area as I have no option but to charge them a ridiculous shipping fee if they live down the road, simply because I do not have a 'pickup' option, given I have no physical store location.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

Thanks for posting, @LauraB1! We're working on separating pickup and delivery now, so this will be an option for you in the near future. 

Message 3 of 2