x

How can I replace the website logo and header?

I am surprised to see that the website logo and header can not be replaced or changed. It used to be easily replaced and changed. However, there is no any instruction on how to do it now. Can you tell me how to do that? My website is:www.huihefurniture.com

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Square

Mouse over each and click the "edit" button to change edit either one of them. There should also be a little drop-down next to the edit button for a header image which has an upload option.

Message 17 of 17

I don't think your answer addresses the problem in the original question from Joewu.

The problem is that the edit feature does not function like it used to.  I want to just delete the default image (the ugly white ceiling boards) and have a solid color background with my text.  There used to be a dialog box (for lack of a better term) where you could click on several options (background, text, etc.) and edit each.  That option no longer appears.

And when I try to replace the default image with another image I have trouble adjusting the image to fit the way I want.  I used to be able to just click and drag the image.  Now when I click on the image I get these options - Crop, Filter, Adjust, Text, Focus.  None of those help the issue I am having.  The Text option doesn not allow me to format my text the way I was able to do so in the past.

Please help!  My new page I am trying to add to my website is suffering from these changes in editing ability.

Thanks, Tammy

Message 17 of 17
Square

If you just want a solid color, try using a large image of a solid color. There are some online tools that can generate one of these for you if you search Google (there isn't any one in particular I recommend, myself).

The new image doens't include some of the options we used to have, unfortunately. We did update the tool to better reflect what part of an image is getting cropped, although if you need to resize an image you'd need to do that before uploading.

Message 17 of 17

Thanks for the reply.  

But, just to provide some feedback (in case anyone takes the feedback seriously) going out to find an image of a solid color and then having to upload it is adding extra steps and time.  Not such a difficult thing to do, but adding to the amount of time I spend updating my website takes away from the other things that I have to do during my work day.  I don't have a problem with change, but this change seems to be taking a step back.  I really hope at some point that additional changes are made that will give us back some of the functionality that we had before.

Message 17 of 17

Also, what happened to our ability to format the text.  Changing the size is not all I want to do.  Is there a way to use the 'glow' or 'shadow' features as we did in the past?  I want to be able to use different affects and different font.  I tried to do what I wanted to do in Word and then copy/paste but that did not work for me.   What can I do to format the text?

Thanks

Message 17 of 17

There are more options for formatting this reply than there are for my header now. Why did Weebly make this change?  The inablity to edit my header is a definite MINUS for using Weebly.There are ONLY 4 options for fonts on the header.... This is more than annoying. Whose idea was it???

I do not want to change my whole site I would like to tweek my header.

I would apprecite it if the people who took away this option would give it back.

Message 17 of 17
Square

Sorry to hear that the image editor doesn't have the options you need, @Agj. We needed to upgrade from the older editor because it relied on Adobe Flash (the new one does not). If you'd like us to add more font options to the new image editor, feel free to suggest that on our Vote on Features board.

Message 17 of 17

Hey there! 

We definitely appreciate the feedback, and are still looking to bring more functionality to the tools as time goes on, so we're on the same page there.

Message 17 of 17

@tsyank wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  

But, just to provide some feedback (in case anyone takes the feedback seriously) going out to find an image of a solid color and then having to upload it is adding extra steps and time.  Not such a difficult thing to do, but adding to the amount of time I spend updating my website takes away from the other things that I have to do during my work day.  I don't have a problem with change, but this change seems to be taking a step back.  I really hope at some point that additional changes are made that will give us back some of the functionality that we had befo photo game music video movie 

Message 17 of 17

Hi, 

I see the drop down box but it doesnt have a place for me to re-load a picture to replace the old picture on my website logo.

Can you help?

Thanks

K

Message 17 of 17

Hey there K! You should be able to use the trash icon to remove the current logo, then replace it.

Message 17 of 17

I have the same issue. I have now deleted the old logo using the trash can but can't find any way to add a new logo back in.

Message 17 of 17
Square

Which site are you having trouble with, @krball?

Message 17 of 17

healthapply.weebly.com

Message 17 of 17

Hello! Go ahead and take a look now.

Message 17 of 17

over, delete. then hover again on text logo and choose logo to upload a new one.

Message 18 of 17