x

Editing Bullets

Today I edited a list and the bullets added in a bunch of <CR> and stripped text formatting. I finally worked it out after about 20 minutes when I refreshed everything and started with a clean slate of a text element. [This all occurred after cutting and pasting text from my old site to the new, so it likely had other hidden formats.] Regardless, clicking the bullets 2x's out of sheer repetition from using other apps obviously yeilds crazy results since I understand Weebly doesn't have fully functioning text editing YET. I.CANT.WAIT.!! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Aspiring

Yeah, sometimes pasting text carries formatting that needs to be removed.  I am not exactly following what the issue is with the bullets. Can you give me an example and explain a little more so I can see if there is any way I can troubleshoot it?

Message 2 of 8

I'll have to work on the site and try again then send you a screen shot (my bad!) I should have done this at the moment.

Basically if you create a bulleted list with say 3 items, highlight it and click the bullet icon again, what you'll get is something like:

"Here's my bulleted list:

  • first line

   • second line

  • third line "

Message 3 of 8

I did have one question: How do you edit the color of the bullets?

Message 9 of 8
Square

Bullets should use the same color as your site's paragraph text, which you can control in Theme > Change Fonts. If you want it as a separate color you can try changing it with the text editing toolbar, although you might have to do some special CSS coding.

Message 9 of 8

Thank you Adam. I just changed the colour of my bullet points with your tip, went to Themes, Font, Changed text colour. Or reaplied the same one. Nothing else. I stil don't understand why this is not working directly from the small edit text panel, when you are editting that specif text box. thanks!

Message 9 of 8

Hello RM2! Just to confirm, you're seeing trouble changing the color from the Themes menu?

Message 9 of 8

It looks like there's still no way to have the bullet color change for each text element, when changing the text color in a bullet or numbered list text element. You can click here to see this as a new idea - AND VOTE ON IT - in the "Vote For Features". 

Message 9 of 8