x

Square register crashes when processing gift card payments

I have rebooted, made sure software is up to date, turned off overnight, etc. On BOTH of my registers, the whole system will crash when processing gift card payments. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @coffee12312 - Sorry to see that trouble with gift cards on your registers has brought you to the Seller Community😥

This behavior does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what the cause of this issue may be. You can certainly start off by giving these troubleshooting steps a try.

I suggest that you reach out to our Support Team directly so they can investigate further. They can also report this to our engineers if needed. The best way to reach out is by phone because our team can look at your account with you and help you make adjustments in real-time. If you haven't already, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Please let me know if you happen to have any trouble getting in contact with us by replying back to me here. 

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi - I am having this same exact issue. Has there been any information or updates on this issue?

PLEASE HELP.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @cmcgee101 

I see this is the first time you have posted on the Seller Community and I would like to welcome you. 

I'm sorry to see that it is a problem that brought you here. 

Besides the original post here from 2022, we have received no other reports of this issue, which suggests it may be a local or account-specific issue. 

As suggested above, troubleshooting your Register should resolve this, but if you continue to run into issues, you can contact our team

Thank you

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4