x

301 Redirects

I'm preparing to transfer my domain away from Weebly, and am encountering problems with 301 redirects. Ironically, the difficulty with 301 redirects is another symptom of the reason we are leaving Weebly to begin with: SEO

Our domain host is Godaddy. My question is, if we set up a 301 redirect on Godaddy's end to our new site and wait a few months before linking the domain with the new site, can we effectively achieve a 301 redirect without Weebly's assistance?

Thanks in advance to anyone with experience on this matter.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @kelutral - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community. I'm happy to help but will need some more detail in order to better understand your question.

It sounds like you're asking about 301 redirect functionality for a Godaddy domain/non-Weebly website, so we wouldn't really be able to assist with that. If you're asking about a GoDaddy site, then you would need to reach out to GoDaddy support directly. If you are referencing setting up 301 redirects in Weebly, then we'd be able to assist you!

It would help to have some clarification on what exactly you're trying to accomplish and where the "new site" is hosted.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2