x

Square KDS displaying For Here on every line item

We are a food truck business that utilizes a Square stand with iPad connected to a cash drawer, receipt printer, kitchen printer, an iPad running Square KDS, and, most recently, a Square Terminal for use outside of the food truck. Our cashier takes orders from within the food truck, and the customer completes credit card transactions outside of the window using the Square Terminal. We implemented the Square Terminal so that our cashier wouldn’t have to constantly put the iPad and stand out of the window for the customer to complete the tip/receipt screens. The cashier doesn’t stand outside of the food truck as sometimes we need them to stop and quickly turn around to help assist the other staff preparing the orders. 

The issue we are running across since connecting the Square Terminal to our system is that our Square KDS now displays “For Here” on each line item on our tickets on the KDS screen which makes the tickets unnecessarily longer than they need to be. This only happens with credit card transactions. Cash transactions display line items correctly. I’ve looked through the Square point of sale settings, Square Terminal settings, and online via the Square account to access the dashboard, payroll, etc. and have been unable to find anything to address the issue. We do not accept online orders and have them turned off. We are not really sure what is causing this behavior. If we disconnect the Square Terminal and put the iPad and Square stand out the window as we had been doing before for the customer to finish the tip/receipt screens, the issue disappears. The Square Terminal has to be causing this issue. Any help addressing this would be greatly appreciated. 

Normally, a ticket would look like this:

1  1 pc

Breast

Fries

1  2 pc

Leg

Thigh

Coleslaw

With the terminal connected, this appears:

1  1 pc

For Here

Breast

Fries

1  2 pc

For Here

Leg

Thigh

Coleslaw

That text displays on every single line item on an individual ticket.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @oldedixie I am hate to hear you are continuing to have this issue with Square KDS and your Terminal. I know you need this working and functional for business. Can you provide a screenshot of a ticket? 

Message 2 of 4

Thank you for your response, MayaP. On this particular ticket, you can see the For Here printed on each item on the ticket. If there were more items, each one would have this text. As mentioned, this only happens with credit card transactions run through the terminal. 

IMG_1361.jpeg

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for your patience @oldedixie I did confirm with our team you will need to reach out support so we can file ticket on this. For account security we cannot file tickets here in community. If you reach out to support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport they will be able to. I appreciate you working with us to resolve this. If you need anything else reach back out here. 

Message 4 of 4