x

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID error

My website (koalapouches.com) is getting a NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID error when I try to access it. I tried republishing it and I also tried un-publishing an re-publishing it and neither fixed the problem.

The SSL certificate appears to be for *.editmysite.com and koalapouches.com is not listed as one of the alternate DNS names.

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I had to talk to a representative to have them renew the certificate manually. You can do so by going to the square help center and in the chat window type something like „speak to a representative“. They were able to fix it for me in 10 minutes.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

HI, I believe there is a mismatch somewhere.   Is the domain with a domain provider? or Square?

If with a domain provider, recheck the steps here

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6916-connect-your-domain-with-square-online-store

If with Square, have you tried within your Online Dashboard?

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 1.03.19 PM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 10

The domain was transferred to Weebly months ago and has worked fine until now.

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 5.10.19 PM.png

Message 3 of 10

The DNS records do point to a slightly different IP address than the one in the link you provided. Do I need to manually update them?

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 5.13.34 PM.png

Message 4 of 10

HI, yes, the DNS settings need to be adjusted as shown in the link provided.  Scroll down to Manual Domain Connection.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 5 of 10
Beta Member

Hi, coming across the same issue but the DNS info is correct. Chrome states the site is "not private" but it is visible on Safari although it says it is "Not Secure". Any help is appreciated.

Message 6 of 10
Beta Member

Apologies, forgot to mention the website is www.ignitegroup.ca

Message 7 of 10

Best Answer

I had to talk to a representative to have them renew the certificate manually. You can do so by going to the square help center and in the chat window type something like „speak to a representative“. They were able to fix it for me in 10 minutes.

Message 8 of 10

Thank you! I am having the same issue and will go to the square site to try and get this resolved

Message 9 of 10

My wife moved her business off of the square site because of this very issue.  Her customers were getting this alarming message when trying to access her store and it scared them away.  I thought maybe it was just something wrong with her store but now I am trying to create one of my own and the same thing is happening.  Customers get nervous now days when they get these ominous warnings when trying to access an ecommerce site.  Since this seems to happen to so many people (given just the volume of messages in this thread) why hasn't Square looked into the cause and fixed it?  I am no web designer which is why I chose a fill in the blanks type of online site builder so I do not have time to learn web design and troubleshoot.  Does anyone know exactly how to fix them so it doesn't happen anymore?  Otherwise I guess I will assume Square doesn't really need my business and I will move on to another ecommerce web site builder that doesn't tell my customers that my site is risky.

Message 10 of 10