x

Square Inventory / Items Library Lag Issues

So I've been having issues for several years with the inventory / items area of square.  At least once a day it seems to lag... For example I'll get shipments in and then as I'm trying to add to inventory it will either say inventory not available at this time... I'll add inventory and hit save and it'll say unable to adjust inventory at this time etc etc. It's incredibly annoying. However, we have our inventory sync'd to shopify now as well, and when those issues occur (daily) it also screws up our online inventroy.

I've reached out to our "designated rep" within square about this and he acted as if I was speaking greek... I asked if this constant items library / inventory issue with square was a widespread thing or if something was wrong with our accounts (we have two locations feeding off one square account).  He couldn't answer.

Does anyone else have this issue? I feel like I can't get any support for this with square, they seem as if they're unaware of any issues... yet it has been several years. I figured at some point they'd get this resolved but here we are years later and same thing every day.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @nlcigar

Welcome to the Seller Community!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you're facing with your inventory and item library. We understand how frustrating this situation can be. To assist you effectively, could you please specify whether you're making these edits through your Square Online Dashboard or the app? Additionally, have you reached out to our Support Team for assistance with this issue?

Your feedback is crucial, and we are here to support you. We'll eagerly await your response. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Sayra,

We update inventory one of two ways... 1. on a computer via square online dashboard or 2. the square POS app on our ipad in the square stand. 

When these issues occur (daily) it doesn't matter what device we're using. If we try to update inventory on the ipad square stand and there's issues... logging into square dashboard on a computer will yield the same result.  We also have 2 locations on our account and we notice that when the issues are occurring, both locations will be having the same issues.

I have brought it up to customer support before... they act as if something like this has never happened... yet we experience it every day. I've also emailed my designated rep and he acted the same way and said I need to get pictures when it happens. The truth is.. I dont have time to get pictures for something that happens every day. When shipments come in and I'm getting error messages about being able to add inventory and I've got customers I'm trying to handle at the same time, it's not an opportune time to try and take pictures and document things. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @nlcigar -  We genuinely appreciate the detailed information you've provided about the issue you're experiencing. It's truly frustrating to encounter such challenges, and we empathize with your situation. Rest assured, on our end, we're more than willing to assist you by initiating a ticket with our dedicated engineers.

To expedite the resolution process, our engineers may require additional details, such as pictures and other pertinent information. We kindly suggest reaching out to our Support Team once more. By doing so, they can work closely with you, thoroughly examine the issue, and create a Support Ticket on your behalf, ensuring that our experts have all the necessary information to assist you effectively.

Your cooperation and understanding are immensely valuable to us. We truly appreciate your patience as we work together to resolve this matter. Please feel free to contact us, and we'll do everything we can to assist you further.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 4