x

How do I change category order??

I could have sworn there was a way to do this before but a lot of things seem to have disappeared since I last used this. 😕 Can't easily switch sites on Android now either. Have to go to desktop view to even see the option in the menus now. 

Can't find the answer in help either. 

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @elysia.  Since this is posted in General Discussions, I’m not sure where you want to change category order, exactly.  I’m going to assume that you need to change it in your online store for the purpose of this answer.  If I guessed wrong, just let me know and I’ll try again.

Go to Dashboard -> Online -> Items -> Site Categories.  Click the blue “Rearrange categories” near the top, and  a screen like the one below will appear.  Click and hold on the six dots to the right of a category and move it to where you want it to be on your site.  When done, click the blue “Done rearranging.”

IMG_4601.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @elysia.  Since this is posted in General Discussions, I’m not sure where you want to change category order, exactly.  I’m going to assume that you need to change it in your online store for the purpose of this answer.  If I guessed wrong, just let me know and I’ll try again.

Go to Dashboard -> Online -> Items -> Site Categories.  Click the blue “Rearrange categories” near the top, and  a screen like the one below will appear.  Click and hold on the six dots to the right of a category and move it to where you want it to be on your site.  When done, click the blue “Done rearranging.”

IMG_4601.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 6

Thank you so much for your very clear and detailed answer! Correct, I just wanted to rearrange the category order. ♥️

Message 3 of 6

(I was trying to change it in the site editing part.. no wonder I couldn't find it. As you'd think it would be there with all the other design stuff.)

Message 4 of 6

This is rearranging the order of the categories, but only in the list. This has not rearranged the order of the "Featured Categories" on my shop page.

How do I rearrange the Featured Categories as they appear to the public?

Message 5 of 6
Square Champion

@CoopersCornerAl The Featured Categories section of your shop page is different from the normal shopping categories, therefore a different question than the original post of this thread.  You control the order that those categories are listed in.

Go to the order online page where you added the featured categories section, and click on that section.  You’ll see the categories you selected, as in the screen shot below.  Use the icons circled in red to move them around to the order you wish.

IMG_4893.jpeg

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 6 of 6