x

Item Stuck as "On-Sale"

We have numerous items that have recently been put "on-sale," as a promotion. I changed the sale price and saved the items so that the red "On Sale" banner would show on the item. That promotion has ended and I went back and deleted the sale price number and saved the item, but the online store still shows a red "On Sale" banner. I have tried everything. I cannot get rid of the "On-Sale" banner. I know that I could just turn off the banner in the settings, but I still have items that are on sale and would like to still be able to use this feature. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

HI, can you please share a screenshot? Or Link?  Does this item have Variations?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 12
Beta Member

I have the same problem. Items no longer on sale have the red on sale tag on the thumbnails in the shop and on the home page featured items.

I have tried various things like turning on and off on sale option but the items remain displayed as on sale.

The items don't have variations but they do have modifiers. Removing the modifiers has no effect.

https://wired.blueflowerart.com/s/shop

Message 3 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @blueflowerart - thanks for bumping this over to our attention. Strange, indeed. 

Would you mind sharing which browser you are using to make your edits? We recommend making edits while using Google Chrome - it is proven to be best at navigating outstanding browser issues and orienting to our site-editor correctly.

Also, are you able to click the save prompt when editing your items?

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 12
Beta Member

Hi Joe

For that particular change, I used Safari browser on my iPad Air. I saved the item several times. I also disabled and enabled the option to show the red tags a couple of times.

I might have Chrome installed on my PC, I don't recall. I'll try it from there tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. Normally, I use Firefox on my PC.

As an aside, I also had issues today adding the permalink in the SEO section. I'd tap out of the field and the spaces I had changed to dashes reverted back to spaces. This was also on my iPad using Safari. Note to self.. use the PC lol

Thanks for replying.

Edit: I just had a quick look at my page and only one of the three items I had on sale is showing the tag. I wonder if it's a caching issue?

Edit: I didn't really want to clear cache on my iPad but I did anyway and it's not that. 

Message 5 of 12

I am having the Same Problem on two items

Message 6 of 12

Hey @CSST,

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. 

I'd suggest giving republishing your site a try by going to Website > Edit Site > Publish in your Square Online dashboard. Sometimes this can help refresh changes you've made. 

Please let us know how you go!

Message 7 of 12

I am currently starting to add items and notice in preview that one item is tagged "Sale", though is not on sale and there is no sale price (set at $0) - I believe this may have come about after a sale price was entered, then deleted (reset to $0)

Message 8 of 12

Hey @BLISSgifted,

Welcome to the Seller Community 👋 🙂

I've moved your question to this thread, as there's some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this here. 

Please let us know how you go!

Message 9 of 12

no. i did that before i posted here. is there anything else you suggest?

Message 10 of 12

I have updated and edited the site three times, and still there are items registered as on sale. is there a bug or a solution for this?

Message 11 of 12

Hello @CSST- This sounds like a bug to me, I recommend reaching out to support to confirm and to help you troubleshoot further. 

Wishing you luck 🍀

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 12 of 12