x

Square Terminal not connecting to Wifi

Has anyone experienced issues connecting to your network?  My Square Terminal will not connect to my wifi and it keeps restarting itself. Connection is strong with all other devices. I restored to factory settings and am still having issues when trying to join.  I get the message "Unable to connect to "NETWORK"(Reason Timeout). 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

That's really strange @OddCyn. Especially since it keeps restarting on its own, too. Have you tried to power the Terminal down all the way and keep it off for a few minutes- then turn it back on?

nika
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Did you find out what the issue is? Having the same problem and this is my second square terminal machine that’s doing this to me. 

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Hi @Ceceee,

It's odd that this is also happening on your second device. Are other devices connecting to that network also experiencing issues? Have you tried any troubleshooting? Check out this article for help and let me know if you are still having trouble with your wifi connection.

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 5

Evening. I hope you are getting your issue resolved?? I am very new to using the square terminal (today was my first day actually). I own a food truck and was trying to connect my square & I thought you could use your phone hotspot for wifi?? Is this correct or do I need to get the ethernet piece?? Please help??

Message 5 of 5