x
Beta Member

manually add orders

I don't see a way to manually add orders so I can track them in my online dashboard. Many of my clients end up requesting me to invoice them and they pay their invoices online and pickup later at a set date and time that we agree on. I know invoices paid don't show up in the dashboards, but is there a workaround to either manually add their orders to the dashboard or a way to process their orders with their schedule for pickup by manually adding and sending a link to pay or something to that effect? I have the retail plus if that makes any difference, as well as the regular pos app.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Square Champion

@Karemrg Look at order creation in the point of sale app.  You can create orders and they will show up in the order manager this way, but typically these are paid up front, not sure if you can send a payment link directly like that or not.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Champion
Breaker of Things

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 14
Beta Member

Donnie,

I don’t see the order creation feature/option in my POS app. When I click on Orders I only see whatever has come in. Is it located elsewhere?

All my Orders are prepaid so that wouldn’t be an issue. 

Message 3 of 14
Square Champion

@Karemrg 

Check it out here:

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6923-pickup-orders-on-square-point-of-sale 

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Champion
Breaker of Things

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 14
Beta Member

That's how I've been trying to use it but you can only send a payment link, not an invoice which would be helpful but whatever. I'll take whatever I can get. Main issue is that while it shows up on the dashboard, it doesn't show up with a fulfillment date/time. So if I pull up my orders it won't tell me when I need to fulfill it. So it wholly defeats the purpose of my wanting to track the orders for purposes of fulfillment. I would still have to track it in some other way. Even when I click on the transaction details, it won't show the fulfillment date. I rang up an order to show. See below.

Snip 1.PNG

Message 5 of 14
Square Champion

Are you sorting them by upcoming orders?  I know if I view it in square online it shows that pickup time, but I hadn't tried them with the order creation if they show up somewhere other than order manager.  I would think they should show up as upcoming either in the pos or when you sort them.  I do see pick up times on mine when I click on the order of course.

The fulfillment date I think is when you mark the order completed in order manager.

Interesting, maybe we can figure something out, but I understand what you are trying to do now.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Champion
Breaker of Things

MustHaveMenus
Message 6 of 14
Beta Member

Nope. It doesn't show up at all in upcoming orders.  None of the payment link orders show up in upcoming or show up with a fulfillment date.

Snip 2.PNGSnip 3.PNG

Message 7 of 14
Square Champion

@Karemrg Do they show up after the payment link is paid? or immediately when you send the link?

I also know I am not much help, I am wondering if this might be a bug and we should write this up as a bug report so it can get looked at since this isn't in a beta test and is a launched feature...

Otherwise, we can turn it into a feature request.  I know currently the order manager is being looked at for some updates so this may be something that can be put in the works.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Champion
Breaker of Things

MustHaveMenus
Message 8 of 14
Beta Member

Donnie,

All those payment links have been paid for already. It may be a bug, because I'd expect that if the open ticket lets me schedule the order (which it does), that a fulfillment date should be populated and show on the queue as well as in the transaction details. But it just doesn't. Not even in the transaction details. I need to start rummaging through my text or email conversations with clients to know exactly when it is and jot it down on a separate calendar, which is just not what I'd expect this type of product to do. 

Also, why doesn't the system let me turn an open ticket into an invoice; only a payment link? That way, at least I'd have a place where I can make a note as to when the order needs to be fulfilled.  Not ideal either but at least I wouldn't have to go rummaging through emails and conversations elsewhere.

Finally, what is a feature request? A feature I'd need to request, wait for it to be developed and pay extra for?

Message 9 of 14
Square Champion

@Karemrg You should be able to turn a ticket into an invoice.  I do it all the time.  I take the open ticket and hit charge and then invoice it.

A feature request is when we ask square to add something or some functionality to the software that it doesn't have now.  An example is sending a payment link..that was not always there.  Most of the time features do not cost extra and they aren't always added and some are in the works for a while.  Something that seems simple to me is not as easy in the software or creates other problems.  We can keep digging on this and see what we can find out.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Champion
Breaker of Things

MustHaveMenus
Message 10 of 14
Beta Member

Donnie, 

Well, Square POS won't let me invoice it. It will only allow me to schedule it and send a payment link. However,  once it's paid and the order shows in the dashboard, it won't show a fulfillment date as shown above (fulfillment doesn't even show in the transaction detail, even though I actually entered the date and time information and actually scheduled it when I prepared the ticket)

Retail app will let me invoice it but not schedule it, so it doesn't get to be an order and then it won't show as an order on the dashboard at all. Retail doesn't allow me to send a the payment link (only regular POS allows me).

I don't know if this makes any sense to you. I just know it doesn't make sense to me and its actually very frustrating.

Message 11 of 14
Beta Member

Even when I sort assuming completed, it doesn't show a fulfillment date if it was made with a payment link

Snip 4.PNG

Message 12 of 14
Beta Member

this is a basic feature I have been requesting of Square all this year, 2024....

Hopefully they listen and allow us to use their tools to actually use and be able to provide smooth customer service.

PLEASE SQUARE COME ON THIS IS A NO BRAINER

Message 13 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Fishman_Tim 👋

Can you please clarify what feature you would like added? I'm a little confused since different features were discussed in this thread. 

As Donnie mentioned, creating Orders manually is possible. You can learn the different ways it can be done in this article

As for fulfillment dates being shown for manually created orders, I have tested this and fulfillment dates were shown, but, unfortunately, I wasn't able to test using a payment link.

If fulfillment dates do not show in Order Manager for orders paid for using a payment link, I would recommend reaching out to our support team so a ticket can be created for this issue.  

Thank you.

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 14