x

Recurring Orders

I know about recurring invoices/payments and if all else fails I can use that option; however, is there a way to set up recurring Orders?

We are a bakery and have a Square Online Store,  customers order online and pickup in store.  We have several customers who order the exact same thing every week.  Under our "other" ecommerce system we could set up recurring orders so that we knew our production for each week.  

TIA

Regards,
Bill CCO
Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @CRF - great post! Currently there is no way to set up recurring orders but I see how this feature brings ease and convenience for your customers when ordering online. Sending this up to our Weebly Team as a feature request for tracking! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @CRF - great post! Currently there is no way to set up recurring orders but I see how this feature brings ease and convenience for your customers when ordering online. Sending this up to our Weebly Team as a feature request for tracking! 

Justin
Message 2 of 10

sweet thanks!!!

I have another "issue" but it does not pertain to recurring invoices, so I'll make another post.

Regards,
Bill CCO
Message 3 of 10

Hi JustinC, has there been any progress on the recurring order issue? We have just finished analysing a survey of our customers and the demand for recurring orders hasn't gone away! Our customers have to remember to place their order for a box of organic fruit and vegetables every week, otherwise they miss out and we miss the sale too. I'm trying to think of a work around: e.g. the customer signs up for a recurring payment and then I manually add the order using a discount code. This seems ludicrous and open to human error, but we are becoming desperate! Alternately, is there anybody out there who could build us a plug-in to generate the recurring order? But presumably this would require permission from Square??

Message 4 of 10

We are also looking for this capability!

Message 5 of 10

We are having the same issue! We are also looking for the option to make recurring orders - weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Very frustrating not to have this feature in Square.

Message 6 of 10

We're also looking for something like this!

Message 7 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @MFH3060 

Have you looked into our subscription solution?  Square Online Subscription might be what you're looking for. 

With Square Subscriptions, you can make any item in your Square Item Library subscribable, with benefits such as item tracking for fulfilled subscriptions, improved sales reporting, fulfillment management in Square Order Manager, item-level Square sales tax settings that'll automatically apply to all subscription orders, discounts for “Subscribe and save” plans, and more.

You can learn more here

JJ
Message 8 of 10

The problem for us with Subscriptions is that the customer can't choose the pick location. Also, it doesn't appear as an Order to we need to go to two places in Square to pick up our orders for the week which leaves lots of room for error when we have multiple people using the platform.

Message 9 of 10

Has anybody had any breakthroughs with the recurring order issue? We have just finished analysing a survey of our customers and the demand for recurring orders hasn't gone away! Our customers have to remember to place their order for a box of organic fruit and vegetables every week, otherwise they miss out and we miss the sale too. I'm trying to think of a work around: e.g. the customer signs up for a recurring payment and then I manually add the order using a discount code. This seems ludicrous and open to human error, but we are becoming desperate! Alternately, is there anybody out there who could build us a plug-in to generate the recurring order? But presumably this would require permission from Square??

Message 10 of 10