x

Wholesale vs DTC - best practice for setting that up in square

Our business does direct customer and we also do wholesale. Up until now I have had our products in Square twice once with the direct customer pricing visible on the website and then a wholesale category with the exact same item at wholesale price is not visible on the website, I have found that created a problem when it comes to our wholesale accounts because then I have to remove stock from our regular inventory move over to wholesale it’s caused a mess. 

is there an easier way to have our items in Square and still be able to service our wholesale customers without having to move inventory from one category to another? I don’t want our wholesale prices listed on our website except maybe on a page that just has a password for our wholesale customers to reach.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

@LauriLee ;

As far as I know Square only has 1 price for items and can not differentiate a differnet price for other Groups like Retail and Wholesale Customer lists.  Now I know Square has Coupon Codes you can create.  Here is how to do this : 6880-create-a-coupon-in-square-online-store 

My work around is create one of these for Wholesale customers.  Email them the new code to enter when making a purchase.  This should decrease the items or total to your current price if you give your wholesale customers a set price that is a % lower than retail.  So if you would sell an Item retail for $20 and Wholesale price normally is $12.  You could give your customers a 40% discount which would be $8.00 off retail to sell the item for $12.   The problem I see here is if All your items you sell at Wholesale are not 60% of the retail price.  

I have been looking for Wholesale pricing for my instore prices also and that is the best I came up with is a Wholesale Discount.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Champion

Best Answer

@LauriLee ;

As far as I know Square only has 1 price for items and can not differentiate a differnet price for other Groups like Retail and Wholesale Customer lists.  Now I know Square has Coupon Codes you can create.  Here is how to do this : 6880-create-a-coupon-in-square-online-store 

My work around is create one of these for Wholesale customers.  Email them the new code to enter when making a purchase.  This should decrease the items or total to your current price if you give your wholesale customers a set price that is a % lower than retail.  So if you would sell an Item retail for $20 and Wholesale price normally is $12.  You could give your customers a 40% discount which would be $8.00 off retail to sell the item for $12.   The problem I see here is if All your items you sell at Wholesale are not 60% of the retail price.  

I have been looking for Wholesale pricing for my instore prices also and that is the best I came up with is a Wholesale Discount.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 2 of 6

yes that is the discount for wholesale. Not super professional to have to send a coupon code to your wholesalers in my opinion. For the POS system, they have a customer list you can make and you can apply an automatic discount for folks listed on a particular customer list. It would be super simple for them do do that on the website side of things as well.  I    wanted to make a password protected page, put our products in there and then add our wholesalers to a customer list so that when they ordered the discount auto applied to them.  Like I    said they have it for POS in person transaction, it should be pretty simple to do for online as well.  I sent my suggestions to engineering. 

Message 3 of 6
Square Champion

@LauriLee ;

I agree this is not very professional and I was just giving ideas to accomplish this since Square currently does not have the ability to give 2 price models.  I do not work for Square and I am just another business owner trying to give you a way to accomplish what was aske for.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

I am not sure if this would work, but someone might have the answer.  

Can you have different locations (say a wholesale sight location with different prices and a different customer list)? 

or can you set up a different store - with different pricing and a different customer list (I am not sure if you can make that sight where it is a login sight only for wholesale clients), but I know that would be difficult to manage inventory

just a thought  I am very interested in the outcome of this discussion.

Message 5 of 6
Square Champion

@ehflower ;

I like your ideas to get around this, I can not help you with these ideas or test them as I only have one location.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 6 of 6