x
Beta Member

Square Kiosk for Retail Point of Sale?

Hi-

I'm opening a second location and want to market it as a grab-&-go flower shop. Is anyone using the kiosk for retail?

Thanks

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Kiosk]

farmersash
Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @sashakanno 👋 thanks for your post and congrats on the new location 🌸 

The Kiosk is primarily designed with Square for Restaurants in mind, so I'm not sure if it’s been tested extensively for retail businesses yet. Hopefully, some other sellers with experience in retail can share their insights here.

In the meantime, you might find useful information in this Learning Library that could give you a better idea of how the Kiosk might work for your new location.

If you need any help, please let me know! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @sashakanno 👋 thanks for your post and congrats on the new location 🌸 

The Kiosk is primarily designed with Square for Restaurants in mind, so I'm not sure if it’s been tested extensively for retail businesses yet. Hopefully, some other sellers with experience in retail can share their insights here.

In the meantime, you might find useful information in this Learning Library that could give you a better idea of how the Kiosk might work for your new location.

If you need any help, please let me know! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

KioskBuddy was very helpful and it seems to be working fine.

farmersash
Message 3 of 7

I'm interested in hearing any response on this as well. I'm struggling to find a good self serve option for my grab-and-go farm store. 

Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

So far not great. Everything cost about $1,000 and it's not working yet. KioskBuddy imported my entire inventory and not just the second location. I was on chat with them all morning trying to find out why. No news yet. 

I'll keep you posted.

farmersash
Message 5 of 7
Admin

Tagging @Twiggy for potential insights!

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Square Community
Message 6 of 7
Square Champion

Hi -  I am not using kiosk but I have heard mixed reactions to it from food vendors. There are a few things to bear in mind when you open your second location with Square - there’s no going back once you state another location - Square locations can’t be deleted!!!! Google maps - being a main one ! - something florists rely on - getting Google verified can be really difficult! Also stateside I think you also have total meta shop functionality - something we don’t have in the UK…

From a business point of view I would personally keep things as simple as possible - maybe have items that are only available at the second site until you see how things go. Inventory can become a nightmare especially if you are only thinking of having 10 grab and go items. 

From a different point of view and to save initial outlay - have you thought about having a poster with your QR code on at your second site  - so people can scan and go to your website? We had this on our wall outside during Covid and made the order for them to collect / us local deliver. 

Let me know how you get on - this sounds like an interesting avenue you’re going down and I’m keen to hear you get on.  

All the best xxx

Message 7 of 7