x

How can I collect customer emails on Square for Retail on Register?

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "Square for Retail - Capture Customer Emails?"

I am using the Square Register and am subscribed to Square for Retail Plus. Is there a way to capture customer email addresses at checkout? It seems as though this is only an option for Square POS. I found an old thread that has been closed (https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/How-do-I-turn-on-Email-collection-on-Square-for-...), so I'm starting a new thread to see if there has been any progress on this. 

I am NOT looking for a loyalty program for my store. I'm simply trying to capture emails at checkout as part of the checkout process. I don't want to have to use another device. 

Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @CindyX - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I believe the feature that @TCSlaguna is referring to is "Collect Customer Information from the POS Sign-up Screen". This feature is currently available on iPad/ Square Stand only. There are a few other customer info collection methods through Square, which you can check out here in our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful, but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Champion

At @CindyX, I believe we used to do it on the Square Stand using Square for Retail Plus (we have since moved to Square Loyalty, which asks for phone number rather than email). 

Is the issue that the feature is not available on Square Register? 

Message 2 of 6

I don't want a loyalty program. I just want to capture emails at checkout so I can do email marketing and let customers know about popups/specials/etc. that we are doing in our Market each weekend. It seems as though there is no way to set up the customer screen to ask them to enter their email. 

I did see that if you sign up for the Loyalty program you can capture Phone Numbers, but that is not what I'm looking for. I also am not looking to set up a loyalty program, so it seems like a waste of money as that is not what we are looking for. 

Message 3 of 6
Square Champion

I totally understand. It seems like the software for Square Register is not at parity with Square Stand. Something that should be looked at. 

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @CindyX - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I believe the feature that @TCSlaguna is referring to is "Collect Customer Information from the POS Sign-up Screen". This feature is currently available on iPad/ Square Stand only. There are a few other customer info collection methods through Square, which you can check out here in our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful, but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6

Hey CindyX,    

I recently had this issue as well, and I got an actual non-useless answer after battling a CSR on square's call line for over an hour! 

In the Square for Retail app (not desktop), go to "More", then "Add-Ons". Open the "Email Marketing" add on, and scroll down to the "Plans" section, then select the "Mailing List Builder" free plan, and it will add a screen after the receipt screen at checkout to collect emails. I don't know if it adds said emails to customer profiles, but supposedly it does add them to the mailing list, which is what I needed.    

Hope that helps you!

Message 6 of 6