x
Beta Member

Can I see an inventory count of my item library from a past date?

Hello Everyone! Our accountant is asking for a count of all of our inventory on December 31st of 2023. Is there a way to see what we had in stock on that specific date? (We use both Square Retail and Square for Restaurants). Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi @RobynR - thank you for the response! I meant to update my post, but I actually found what I needed by going to Reports > Inventory Reports > Projected Profit and looking at the "Total Inventory Value". I was able to look at the value of each category and take note of those values for our accountant. Thanks again!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @sadmonkeytx,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

With Square for Retail Plus, you can view inventory adjustment history to gain insight into the flow of your stock.

To get started:

1. Visit Items & Orders > Items from your online Square Dashboard > click Inventory Management > History.
  2. Select a date range, location(s), and adjustment type from the dropdown menus to filter your search. You also have the option to narrow your search by product or filtering items with or without an associated unit cost.
  3. Click on an event to see what the item cost, update the unit cost as needed, and view which locations were affected.

You can also update previously entered unit costs from your History log to correct figures if your Cost of Goods Sold, Projected Profit, and Inventory by Category reports need adjusting.

Note: These features are not available with Square for Retail Free.

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi @RobynR - thank you for the response! I meant to update my post, but I actually found what I needed by going to Reports > Inventory Reports > Projected Profit and looking at the "Total Inventory Value". I was able to look at the value of each category and take note of those values for our accountant. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for providing an update, @sadmonkeytx

I'm glad to hear the Project Profit report had what you needed. 🙂 

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Message 4 of 4