x
Beta Member

RECEIVE STOCK DIALOG DOES NOT SAVE UNIT COST AND VENDOR NAME ON DASHBOARD

While using DASHBOARD, If you create a NEW item, and then you click on RECEIVE STOCK, including entering the COST, and the VENDOR under the Receive stock dialog, It does not save those fields. After you exit receive stock dialog, the cost and vendor name are blank. You have to manually enter that information again. This always worked previous to last dashboard update. Video attached. @_Violet 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @MountainHouse 

Super sorry for the delay here! Can you let us know the previous version you were on, the version you updated to, and the device you are using? We want to make sure to include as much information as possible when escalating questions to the product teams. 

Thanks in advance!

Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

Current Windows 10 PC, with Chrome Version 125.0.6422.142.... I have no way of telling you which version the Square Dashboard was or is. Thanks! 🙂

Message 3 of 8
Beta Member

There has still been no update or fix for this issue...

Message 4 of 8
Square Champion

@MountainHouse ;

I just did these steps through my Square Dashboard to Create an item, with Vendor and Cost, then I went and said Receive Stock entered 6 and everything saved for me.  

Then I realized you were on the same screen which says for additional units.  This could have another vendor or code?  When I exitted this screen after saving the Manufacture or Vendor Name field for the new item did appear under Default Vendor in the Items screen.   See below images. 

additionalvendor.png

test items.png

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

Your correct that if you enter cost and vendor BEFORE receive , it works. Previously you could enter under receive stock first and it properly populated those externals fields. 

Message 6 of 8
Square Champion

@MountainHouse ;

I just did a video of my computer screen, windows 10 with Chrome.  this time when I did it the Vendor and Vendor codes stayed including the Cost.

here is the video.... may take time for it to appear but I think Square fixed your issue.  This is different from what I reported seeing above and what you had issues with.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

Thanks for your reply! 🙂 The difference is that I am adding the vendor and cost after clicking receive inventory, in the space provided in the receive inventory dialog. It used to work that way, now it must be done the way you did it in your video, where you enter cost and vendor BEFORE receiving inventory. 

Message 8 of 8