x

Bitcoin conversions

I'm trying to enable the new Bitcoin Conversion option, but the FAQ on the site mentions a Bitcoin section under Balances that I don't have on my account. Does anyone know how to enable?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello @DAnthemBooksell 👋

And welcome to our Seller Community! 

We love to see that Sellers are eager to start using this feature. 

At this time, the feature is being rolled out and might not be available within the dashboard for all Sellers just yet. 

We plan on making this available to all sellers in the coming months and will be sure to share more information when it becomes available. Stay tuned! 

Hello @TheRealChipA 👋

You can find the Support Article on this feature here.

Also, some announcements went out on X (formerly known as Twitter) earlier. I've been following to see the reactions and seems sellers are excited! 

Thank you

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Champion

Hi @DAnthemBooksell.  Unless I missed the memo, the only Square App that supports Bitcoin is CashApp.  I’m very interested in this “FAQ on the site” that you say mentions Bitcoin, though.  Could you provide a screen shot and a URL to that FAQ?

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 7

Thanks for the response. This is from the FAQ on Square's site.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7935-purchase-bitcoin-with-square

Message 3 of 7

Best Answer

Hello @DAnthemBooksell 👋

And welcome to our Seller Community! 

We love to see that Sellers are eager to start using this feature. 

At this time, the feature is being rolled out and might not be available within the dashboard for all Sellers just yet. 

We plan on making this available to all sellers in the coming months and will be sure to share more information when it becomes available. Stay tuned! 

Hello @TheRealChipA 👋

You can find the Support Article on this feature here.

Also, some announcements went out on X (formerly known as Twitter) earlier. I've been following to see the reactions and seems sellers are excited! 

Thank you

Frances
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for the response, Frances. I thought it was going to be available for sole proprietors and LLCs to start (which I am). Disappointing Square is not offering to those business types after all.

Message 5 of 7

Oh, I'm sorry for the confusion @DAnthemBooksell

We are definitely launching to all sole proprietors or single-member LLCs in the coming months.

The rollout will take some time, and although it did start today, it will be a few weeks before the option becomes available in the dashboard for all sellers. 

The exact date this will be launched to 100% of our sellers is not yet available, but we are working to complete the rollout as soon as possible. 

You can check out this news article too! 

Let me know if you have further questions, and I'll do my best to locate some answers for you. 

Frances
Message 6 of 7

Looking forward to the Bitcoin conversions!!!

Message 7 of 7