x
Admin

July & August 2024 Book Club: The Mountain is You by Brianna Wiest

Hey Square Readers,

You voted and chose The Mountain is You by Brianna Wiest as our Square Readers Book Club book for July & August 2024!

Pesso_0-1718632493565.png

Here’s a quick summary:

“This book is about self-sabotage. Why we do it, when we do it, and how to stop doing it—for good. Coexisting but conflicting needs create self-sabotaging behaviors. This is why we resist efforts to change, often until they feel completely futile. But by extracting crucial insight from our most damaging habits, building emotional intelligence by better understanding our brains and bodies, releasing past experiences, and learning to act as our highest potential future selves, we can step out of our own way and into our potential. To scale our mountains, we actually have to do the deep internal work of excavating trauma, building resilience, and adjusting how we show up for the climb.”

We’ll start reading on Monday, July 1st, so get ready and pick up a copy at a local library, bookstore, Amazon, or anywhere else! 

We’ll have discussion threads being posted throughout the next two months, and an opportunity to discuss the strategies we’ve learned from the book live in a video chat at the end of August.

Don’t forget to:

We can’t wait to read with you!

Pesso

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

I'm audiobooking this one so I can listen while I unload kilns - it is a zen mastery this time of year because 100 degrees is the average temperature of the air and the work we are unloading. 

Deklan (Dex) they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 2 of 4
Admin

Oof, sending you all of the good vibes for staying calm and cool!

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Square Community
Message 3 of 4
Admin

Sounds like a good plan, @MudFire_Dex ! This is definitely a great one to do on audiobook

Rooting for ya to stay as cool as possible -- good luck!

Message 4 of 4